INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have been using MC 13 for a while, I want to dump MC 12  (Read 1186 times)

jolo

• World Citizen
I have been using MC 13 for a while, I want to dump MC 12
« on: December 31, 2008, 04:15:21 am »

I have been using MC 13 for a while now, but I still have MC 12 on my system.

It creates some confusion with Vista Ultimate 64 bit, with "Open With" stuff, etc because the logo is the same.
I haven't found a need to go back to MC 12.

• Does anyone have any thoughts on why I need to keep MC 12 on my system ??
  • When removing MC 12, while MC 13 is on it, is there any danger of accidently removing some files that are needed for MC 13 ??

Thanks,    :)

Jon

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I have been using MC 13 for a while, I want to dump MC 12
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:31:56 am »

It's safe to remove MC12.  If you're concerned, back up your MC13 library first.

jolo

• World Citizen
Re: I have been using MC 13 for a while, I want to dump MC 12
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:07:15 am »

It's safe to remove MC12.  If you're concerned, back up your MC13 library first.

Thanks for the quick response.
I just wanted to make sure.

I am not concerned about the library. Worst comes to worst, I can easily re-create my library.
I like to re-create it every so often anyway, as over time and Windows Vista failures it can get a little corrupted.

Version 13 is working very reliably for me and I am using it more and more for conventional ripping and burning functions instead of Nero.
Especially when they have gone to their version 9, have become very unreliable with the complexity of Nero and their treatment of customers.

For whatever the reason, maybe because of the customization features or the quality of the software, audio has always sounds best on MC 12 and now 13.
I usually play either Flack, Ogg or CDs.

Thanks for the great work,

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up