INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simulate a real juke box  (Read 1428 times)

Steven C

Simulate a real juke box
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:02:52 pm »

Hey everyone,

I did not know what key words to search for to find an answer to my somewhat complicated question.  So, I will ask & if has been answered, please point it out to me.

We host parties with up to 100 people at any given time.  Everyone has there own music taste and it is difficult to please everyone.  I cannot afford a DJ, so I thought I could put a Jukebox in.

This is what I want to do,...if I use the wrong terminology, please correct me.

1) establish a library with everyone favorite songs in it.  I would expect this to be several hundred songs.

2) have teh ability to select a song from the library to add to the now playing list.  the songs added would play in the order they were added.

3) if there is not a next song on the now playing list, a random song from the library would play.

4) When another song is added to the now playing list, it would continue in the order it was added.

The goal is to allow everyone to hear their favorite music, but in a controlled fashion,...just like at the local dinner.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Steven

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Simulate a real juke box
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:53:56 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Please take a look at the options for playback in MJ.  You can change the behavior to get close to what you want.

Steven C

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:03:32 pm »

Thanks Jim!!  That does get me close.  Actually works just like a money jukebox.  Would love to be able to do the random selection when there is nothing left in the playing now list.  But this may do.

Thanks for the help!

Steven

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Wad Up! I'm a simple man :)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:09:15 am »

An interesting thread Steven C

I wonder if the playback options that JimH speaks of is different in MC12 & MC13?

Gonna dl MJ12 to see.

I think they've put so much more work into the fully featured Media Center's. I would imagine the playback options in the MCs are more sophisticated than in MJ.

I too would like the features offered on a commercial jukebox.

Cheers, Mal from Cessnock
Cheers, Malcolm
Pages: [1]   Go Up