INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Curious DSP behaviour  (Read 2279 times)

Gnostic

• Recent member
Curious DSP behaviour
« on: January 19, 2009, 12:01:38 pm »

Having just paid for a new licence for MC13 and installing the latest version, I am experiencing one of those unique computer problems for which there is no apparent answer.

I hope someone  here can help.

I normally have the dsp mixer set to "recording studio"  level 1 during playback of mp3 files.

However, if I close the dsp box, after doing the above, this setting is removed and automatically reverts to the setting "recording studio" -level 1 , "Virtual Subwoofer" -8inch  subwoofer, Surround field -Wider

Have tried all the usual remedies, installing different versions of MC13, restarts etc, but to no avail. Got a terrible feeling that this may be unsolvable.  :'(

I have a screenshot of the above but can't work out how to post it. ?

Should also add that MC13 is also locking up frequently.

All help gratefully received,     J

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
Re: Curious DSP behaviour
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 03:02:03 pm »

Same thing happens to me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:29:29 pm »

Looks like a bug.  Look for a fix next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 03:38:26 pm »

Man, I wish I could get this kind of service with everything I own.

Gnostic

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 04:04:06 pm »

Thanks for the swift response  ;D I look forward to the update. Gone back to using MC12 in the meantime as I can't live without my DSP effects !!!

Alex, yeah they are pretty darn quick at fixing stuff. Makes a refreshing change from the usual black hole requests for support fall into from other software developers.

Gnostic

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 05:25:08 am »

A quick update. Having just restored my system, using a disc image I made about a month ago (something I wish I'd learned how to do years ago), MC13 build 13.0.69 is now working perfectly.

Seems that my initial thoughts were right, this was one of those unique problems Windows throws up every so often. I'd move over to a Mac but for Media Center. It's the only reason I still use Windows !

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:29:40 am »

In no way am I not floored with this service--but remember they are always messing with MC.  If they just released a working product--spent months testing, etc., then they wouldn't need this.  I mean it's sort of their fault for constantly working on MC--but don't stop!

Titalwave

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 08:54:01 am »

In relation to the DSP problem, I am in the position of trying out this product prior to purchase.  It is very frustrating that I am unable to save the setting I put the DSP in, and find it constantly being in a randum mode of operation.  I guess I could go back in an effort to find previous versions, but I am concerned that I would have to.  Is there a fix to this, or is it a problem with a life span?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 09:13:31 am »

Welcome to Interact.  Please try the latest build from the top of this board.  I believe the settings problem was fixed.

Titalwave

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 09:25:54 am »

I had version 13, and I checked for any updates today (twice); if there is a fix, I have been unable to find it.  I went ahead and uninstalled the MC13 version, and loaded the MC12 version to see if it has the same problem.  What Media Center needs to understand is that the normal person who downloads from CNET, or naturally wants the latest version to try; undeniably tries out the DSP, which does not work without a problem.  Per the forum, this is not an isolated problem.  In any event, I am going to give the MC12 a try; however, I shudder to think of all of the possible lost sales due to this DSP problem, since it is quite frustrating to a user. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:19 am »

Check for updates inside the program won't find the most recent build since we move them here first, and then to the download page, and then sometimes update the update file.

What build do you have?  13.0.115 is on the board.

Titalwave

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 09:40:59 am »

I had already uninstalled the MC13 version I had, and although the version you reference was posted on 01/30/2009; the version I recently downloaded via CNET yesterday, and attempted to check for updates should have provided me with the latest version.  I have just tried the MC12 version, and the DSP problem does not appear.  I will try this again, and do a complete uninstall of MC12 including all registries; retry the version you reference, and I will let you know if the problem still exists.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 09:41:58 am »

You don't need to uninstall 12.  12 and 13 can co-exist.  You could uninstall 12 later.

Titalwave

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 10:00:44 am »

Who's da man? You da man!!

Good job, you are correct; and, the problem appears to be fixed.

I wanted to uninstall MC12 completely to make sure it was not just fixed with an upgrade of an existing MC12 version, if that makes any sense.  In any event, I checked CNET and they have version 13.0.101; which as you kow, does not contain the fix.  I am surprised the latest version would not download when I used the update tool on the version I had.  Oh well!  I am glad I went through this prior to just uninstalling and moving on.  Next, I have to try the CD burning.

Thanks for your help and assistance!!!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 10:39:05 am »

You're welcome.  Glad it's working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up