INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.113 -- Available here  (Read 3264 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.113 -- Available here
« on: January 27, 2009, 03:06:49 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130113.exe

13.0.113 (01/26/2009)

1. Fixed: Some comboboxes would not properly support corner transparency, which is used by some skins.
2. NEW: Program description is filled in Description field when TV recording is imported.
3. Changed: Revised internal storage format of television programs (requires reload of program guide).
4. Changed: When a television program has no artwork, a nicer television-specific image is shown.
5. NEW: Television program guide can be automatically reloaded each day.

• To enable, check the option "Automatically load the program guide this way once a day in the background" on the last page of the Load Program Guide wizard.
  • To disable, pick "Reset" in the Load Program Guide wizard.
  • It will run once a day.
  • It will not run if there are recordings or watchings currently running.
  • External applications will run hidden.
  • If an external application does not finish in 10 minutes, it will be stopped.
  • If there is an error loading data, it will not retry for 8 hours.

6. NEW: For digital television a new OSD command item (using up or down arrow key) called "Signal" that displays video resolution and signal strength, as "Resolution: 1080i, Strength: 89%".
7. Changed: For digital television, video resolution and signal strength are no longer displayed each time the user switches channel.
8. Fixed: Pressing pause during track transitions could cause strange display issues if the next file was short.
9. Fixed: Pressing 'Previous' at the very end of a track to seek back to the beginning would not always work as expected.
10. Changed: Made meaningless code changes to avoid false-positive from Kaspersky for PackageInstaller.exe.

13.0.112 (01/23/2009)

1. Fixed: "Group By" menu would be incorrectly available when viewing Panes + Album Thumbnails.
2. Fixed: Pane tagging was not placing a checkbox next to "Unassigned".
3. Changed: Revised user interface of Remote Control options page.
4. Fixed: TV recording imported jts file when only jtv file needed to be imported.
5. Fixed: When ending a time-shifting session, if the user chose not to save time-shifting data, the TV recording that had finished during that session was also deleted.  Now the data related to the TV recording is saved, and only unwanted data is deleted.
6. Changed: Revised the user interface shown when adding or modifying a remote control command.
7. NEW: Added a "Delete All Channels" button to the manage television channels dialog.
8. NEW: Television view better steps a user with no channels or no program guide through setup.
9. NEW: Scanning for television channels no longer blocks the main user interface of the program.
10. Fixed: Some popups weren't correctly remembering their last size.
11. Fixed: Deleting TV Recording/time-shifting files from hard disk only deleted a single file, instead of all files related to a recording.
12. Optimized: Library views that show thumbnails with files below no longer build / update the bottom file list when it's set to zero height.
13. Fixed: If a tree item was auto-expanded, then the tree was refreshed, it would not properly auto-collapse.
14. Fixed: On a fresh XP install, the player could download Windows Media Format files that it didn't need to. (nothing got installed)
15. Changed: When TV recording is imported, the Date field is filled with the time the recording was started, instead of the time when importing occurred.
16. Fixed: The bookmark field was not filled when a jtv file was imported.
17. Optimized: A few core library optimizations that help program performance.

13.0.111 (01/22/2009)

1. Optimized: Removed dependence on wmdmproghelp.dll during WMDM handheld transfers.
2. Changed: Switched from bundled help to online help using the wiki. (the wiki contains the full manual)
3. Fixed: During install, the progress bar would not always go all the way to the right on the copying files stage.
4. Fixed: TV recording (jtv files) was extended beyond scheduled stop time if user was watching the channel at the scheduled stop-recording time.

13.0.110 (01/20/2009)

1. Fixed: A couple of messaging issues due to optimizations in build 109.
2. Fixed: The player could unnecessarily hit the internet to get store URLs instead of getting them on demand.
3. Changed: Officially removed Win9x support.
4. Optimized: Removed Win9x unicode layer -- produces smaller binaries and a slightly smaller download.
5. Fixed: The new jtv TV recording files would not play or import.
6. Changed: File types jts and jtv are better registered with DirectShow so that they can be loaded by other DirectShow applications.
7. Optimized: Revised some core library functionality to provide slightly smaller binaries.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 13.0.113 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:01:58 pm »

8. Fixed: Pressing pause during track transitions could cause strange display issues if the next file was short.
9. Fixed: Pressing 'Previous' at the very end of a track to seek back to the beginning would not always work as expected.
:D It works! Can't wait to use it this weekend at my dancing lesson!! Thanks for this quick fix and the early release of this update! I'm going to unistall winamp and all other programs now: I'll never need those again! :)

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:27:30 pm »

MC13 seem to be crashing in like any condition under windows server 2008 R2. It crashed for me whenever I resize the audio analysis tool. When I analyze audio file. When the update library from file.

**EDIT**

Problem seem to be related when redrawing the window. I'm connected to a network drive that close acess after few moments and after this the files are not accessible anymore and therefor when starting audio analysis, when redrawing the window it just crash what ever I do. Th elibrary doesn't close itself preventing error when access is denied.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:35:06 pm »

MC13 seem to be crashing in like any condition under windows server 2008 R2. It crashed for me whenever I resize the audio analysis tool. When I analyze audio file. When the update library from file.
Please start a new thread with more details.  You can turn on logging in MC under help.  Look for "crash" in the file.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:53:14 am »

Thank you for the "meaningless code" in this build. Kasperskys didn't interfere with the installation at all.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:16:26 am »

When using Cover Art->Paste From Clipboard

Here's the actual filepath for the file I want to add artwork using the above method:

Z:\My Music\UK Number 1s\1950s\The No.1 DJ Collection; 50's, Volume 1\

And here's where MC is writing the folder.jpg

Z:\My Music\UK Number 1s\1950s\The No.1 DJ Collection_ 50's, Volume 1\

The semi-colon has been changed to an underscore.

BUG!

Mark

morten vorgod

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:53:56 am »

Thank you for the "meaningless code" in this build. Kasperskys didn't interfere with the installation at all.

the same goes for F-secure

strebormj

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 06:30:42 am »

When using Cover Art->Paste From Clipboard

Here's the actual filepath for the file I want to add artwork using the above method:

Z:\My Music\UK Number 1s\1950s\The No.1 DJ Collection; 50's, Volume 1\

And here's where MC is writing the folder.jpg

Z:\My Music\UK Number 1s\1950s\The No.1 DJ Collection_ 50's, Volume 1\

The semi-colon has been changed to an underscore.

BUG!

Mark

It's probably replacing a character that is not legal for some file systems with one that is.

strebormj

• Recent member
Theater mode crashes when accessing user-entered web sites
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 07:02:01 am »

I only turned on logging *after* this started happening, so I only have logs for a few instances. 

Summary:  MC 13.0.113 crashes in theater mode when opening a user-entered web site

The failure occurs whether the web site is prefixed with "http://" or not.  Also, typically it's the second web site I visit that causes the crash, not a specific web site, and the lines preceding the crash in the log are always similar to the following:

0144609: 2796: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\FullSkins\Obsidian\Pictures\ViewBackground.png
0144609: 2796: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\FullSkins\Obsidian\Pictures\ViewBackground.png
0148219: 2796: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\FullSkins\Obsidian\Pictures\LocationBackground.png
0148219: 2796: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\FullSkins\Obsidian\Pictures\LocationBackground.png
0151266: 2796: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\FullSkins\Obsidian\Pictures\LocationBackground.png
0151266: 2796: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\FullSkins\Obsidian\Pictures\LocationBackground.png
0153453: 2796: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0153453: 2796: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 100, lParam: 0, Window class: MainUIWnd

Test case 1:  Dell laptop with XP Pro SP3
1.  Open MC
2.  Change theater mode options to include www.netflix.com, www.youtube.com, video.google.com.
3.  Change view from standard view to theater mode.
4.  Select youtube link.  No problems.
5.  Select netflix link.  MC crashes.

Test case 2:  same computer
1.  Open MC
2.  Switch from standard view to theater view
3.  Select Netflix link.  No error
4.  Select Youtube link.  No error.
5.  Select Google video link.  MC crashes  with following log entry:

0932109: 2944: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0932109: 2944: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 4782, lParam: 22525440, Window class:

Test case 3: same computer (was able to reproduce TC 2)
1.  Open MC
3.  Select Netflix link.  No error
4.  Select Youtube link.  No error.
5.  Select Google video link.  MC crashes  with following log entry:

0766078: 1316: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0766078: 1316: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 4771, lParam: 22525440, Window class:

Test case 4: same computer (reproducing TC2 again, but different web site)
1.  Open MC
3.  Select Google Video link.  No error
4.  Select Youtube link.  Crash:

0153453: 2796: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0153453: 2796: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 100, lParam: 0, Window class: MainUIWnd

Test case 5:  Dell Studio Slim with Vista 64
1.  Open MC
2.  Add the same web sites in theater mode options
3.  Switch to theater mode
4.  Try selecting each of the web sites.  One will cause the failure, but not the same one every time

Test case 6:  Dell Studio Hybrid with Vista 32
1.  Open MC
2.  Add the same web sites in theater mode options
3.  Switch to theater mode
4.  Try selecting each of the web sites.  One will cause the failure

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:20 am »

It's probably replacing a character that is not legal for some file systems with one that is.

In that case, MC should be system sensitive; It's legal on my system (WinXP) and shouldn't be changed.

Mark

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 09:05:41 am »

i can't read custom tag "Label" fromjavascript:void(0); my flac files.

i have this field in my db, i have files with this tag, i do "update library from tags" - and mc leave "label" field blank  :-\

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 09:29:53 am »

13.0.113 crashes on TV record.  When viewing a channel in full screen....right click...TV recording....start recording.  Screen goes all white and MC and won't play anything after that.  Crashes on exit.   Capturing with Hauppauge WINTV PRV250.  Recording worked until this build. :-[

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 09:31:04 am »

13.0.113 crashes on TV record.  When viewing a channel in full screen....right click...TV recording....start recording.  Screen goes all white and MC and won't play anything after that.  Crashes on exit.   Capturing with Hauppauge WINTV PRV250.  Recording worked until this build. :-[

What happens if you record using the Television view through the program guide?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater mode crashes when accessing user-entered web sites
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 09:31:34 am »

I only turned on logging *after* this started happening, so I only have logs for a few instances. 

Summary:  MC 13.0.113 crashes in theater mode when opening a user-entered web site

Thanks for the report.  This will be fixed in a coming build.

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 09:38:30 am »

1. When semi-colon delimited fields are used and the values differ for one audio album, the sorting when using the semi-colon delimited field does not place the files according to the first entry, rather it sees them much like Multiple Artist albums which called pulled to the top of the list and aren't disseminated in the sorting. Couldn't the sorting algorithm just use the letter of the first entry. This is going to get messy quickly.

2. Using Genre>Style>Album:

When Album is chosen via thumb link in Genre, and an album is double-clicked on, the result is the Style field. Shouldn't it just show file list??? Why does it "jump back" through Style?

3. Part of the problem with having one view scheme for all "views" is that sorting will apply to all aspects of the view; you can't apply unique sorting to you Artist "view", and then have another unique sorting for album. Same for  thumbnail size. You can't set Genre thumbs to one size and have Album thumbs a unique size. I think this worked fine in MC12, MC13 behavior is buggish.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:49:21 am »

13.0.113 crashes on TV record.  When viewing a channel in full screen....right click...TV recording....start recording.  Screen goes all white and MC and won't play anything after that.  Crashes on exit.   Capturing with Hauppauge WINTV PRV250.  Recording worked until this build. :-[

What happens if you record using the Television view through the program guide?

Yes, recording works fine if I press the record button in the program guide.  I noticed I had to add the "Intervideo Hauppauge decoder filter" to .jtv files for correct playback.  BTW, should I leave the "J River Bit Rate Monitor filter" checked.  Playback is fine without it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 12:45:34 pm »

2. Using Genre>Style>Album:

When Album is chosen via thumb link in Genre, and an album is double-clicked on, the result is the Style field. Shouldn't it just show file list??? Why does it "jump back" through Style?

This is by design if you enable "Filter in both directions" in the view settings.  It should be used in cases where there is not a clear hierarchy to allow drilling into items in any order.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 01:39:52 pm »

Recording via right-click menu conflicts with our new recording method and is not longer supported.  It will be removed in the next build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up