INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cinemar MusicLobby Plug-in for MC - cannot install???  (Read 1274 times)

Neil

• Recent member
  • The wisest mind has something yet to learn.
Cinemar MusicLobby Plug-in for MC - cannot install???
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:20:22 am »

Hi -

I have just downloaded and paid for all the latest and greatest stuff from both Cinemar and MC (actually 12.x.534) - I have tried everything including doing a complete uninstall and re-install - nothing I do allows me to see the MuL plug-in in MC - I am running WinXP - nothing fancy. Both the MLServer and MainLobby communicate fine - green indicators. I must be doing something stupid or missing something incredibly basic. I run Cinemar's DVDLobby on another isolated system with no issues...this is the first time out for me with MuL on my new HTPC.

The only settings that have to do with plugins in MC 12.0.534 is on the left side of the menu which is entitled "Services & Plugins" - I eventually get to something called a "Plug-in Manager" - this allows you to either download from JRiver's website "approved" Plug-ins or allows you to find one on your system. I install the MuL plugin (.dll) as directed by Cinemar and nothing happens. I manually go into MC's Plug-in Manager and drill down to what Cinemar installs - and nothing happens. You cannot search for anything other than a .dll file as per the MC Plug-in Manager. The behavior that I can see is that when I click on the Cinemar MediaCenter .dll plug-in is a whole of activity occurs on my HDD. If I exit out of the MC Plug-in Manager the IO stops - MC works fine as standalone - Cinemar MuL appears to work fine - I just cannot get the 2 applications to communicate. Back in the day with older versions of MC it was really easy to configure plug-ins...also I moved the exact Cinemar plug-in file that is created by Cinemar and moved that file into the specific plug-ins on MC in the hope that it would be "read" by MC...unfortunately it does not. This is incredibly frustrating...So, I'm willing to try anything...

Is the problem with Cinemar's Plug-in or am I missing something? I have queried Cinemar and their response was that there is a configuration in MC to allow me to "see" the available plug-ins - I do not see this functionality and I believe that Mario (Cinemar) is referring to older versions of MC....sorry for the long message, but I have tried a bunch of stuff and now I'm reaching out in the hope that someone will be able to help me out.

Neil

• Recent member
  • The wisest mind has something yet to learn.
Re: Cinemar MusicLobby Plug-in for MC - cannot install???
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:11:28 pm »

Hi -

Cinemar resolved the issue - you have to be very specific the order to follow and to install their plug-in. Issue is reolved and JMRC functions fine - Cinemar's plugin is now properly licensed within the JMRC application.

Thanks!

-Neil

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cinemar MusicLobby Plug-in for MC - cannot install???
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »

Thanks for reporting the outcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up