INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering Music  (Read 1382 times)

Migrant River

Transfering Music
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:53:26 pm »

I have an older Dell laptop. I was going wait until I had a better machine to upgrade Media center; Now I am getting a lot of errors in my hard drive. I bought an external hard drive, What should I do to make sure no music files are lost. I was going to download media center to my external and transfer all music from this Media center. Good idea? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Transfering Music
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »

Just copy the files to the new portable.  Do you plan to upgrade the laptop hard disk?

Migrant River

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:57:25 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I am not sure about upgrading the hard drive; everything else is o.k, but I was not sure if just upgrading on a three year old laptop would be worth the cost.  I will most likely replace the laptop with a new or newer( I'll check ebay) with more storage and faster cpu. I tried to download an upgraded media center to my e drive, instead of downloading to the correct drive, it tried to install on c drive with media 12, I thought I had lost everything, it did eliminate every play list, but I was able to get 12 back. I do I download media center to e drive. and not screw up what I have?  Thanks. Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:07:37 am »

Under File/Library, you can backup your library. 

Uninstall MC if you want to reinstall to a new location.

Good luck.

Pages: [1]   Go Up