INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jittery DVD playback - simple answer needed  (Read 1868 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Jittery DVD playback - simple answer needed
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:03:39 am »

Hi guys, simple setup issue I suspect.

Relatively new install of MC13, working my way through one media type at a time. Audio - OK, Images - Ok, Video - uh, some issues

Playback of AVIs is fine, but DVD rips are playing with a real continuous video jitter. Same files play fine in WMP and PowerDVD6.

I suspect it's a codec issue, but here my knowledge runs dry. I've had a wander around on the forum and in the wiki, and found references to CCCP etc, but I don't want to screw my whole PC up. Is there an idiots guide to setting up DVD playback for MC. Thanks

FYI P4 3.06, ATI X550 (I think), XP Home, all latest drivers, updates.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Jittery DVD playback - simple answer needed
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:44:19 am »

A few questons..

1) If you go into tools, options, playback and then select DVD Playback settings what are the Audio and Video decoders that are being used?

2) Have you tried different video renderers, enhanced, VMR7 etc?

3) From the Direct Show Filters box that come up in point (1) double click the video decoder and see if hardware acceleration is enabled or not ..  try changing this.

4) Do actual DVDs do the same thing or just the rips?

Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:23:05 am »

Hi guys, simple setup issue I suspect.

Relatively new install of MC13, working my way through one media type at a time. Audio - OK, Images - Ok, Video - uh, some issues

Playback of AVIs is fine, but DVD rips are playing with a real continuous video jitter. Same files play fine in WMP and PowerDVD6.

I suspect it's a codec issue, but here my knowledge runs dry. I've had a wander around on the forum and in the wiki, and found references to CCCP etc, but I don't want to screw my whole PC up. Is there an idiots guide to setting up DVD playback for MC. Thanks

FYI P4 3.06, ATI X550 (I think), XP Home, all latest drivers, updates.
Get the latest MC13 first.  Then take a look at the Wiki (link above).  There are articles on DirectShow and DVD playback.

There is a thread from the last two weeks with more info on DVD playback.  Please search for it.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:57 am »

Video decoder is set to 3. Automatic, but only option underneath it are Cyberlink Video/SP and Cyberlink h264. Hardware acceleration was set on for the Cyberlink Video/SP filter. Setting it to off solved the problem. Thanks for the tips, it helped me in the right direction. Guess I've got some more learning to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up