INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Woes  (Read 1401 times)

OverTheEdge

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Cover Art Woes
« on: May 02, 2003, 08:52:25 pm »

I fear this is going to turn out to be really dumb, but I've been banging my head against this forever... and I couldn't find anything in a faq, etc.

I've downloaded .jpg cover art for my albums, and pointed MJ to the directory I put them all in, but they don't appear in the track info frame (embedded graphics will appear). I've tried all the obvious choices in naming the .jpgs, such as matching the tag's album info, etc. I can't figure out how to make this work.

It sure would be a lot simpler if MJ would just use any .jpg it found in the directory the currently playing music file was in...

TIA for any help,
John

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Woes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 04:00:56 am »

if you used another program to download coverart you will need to manualy add them to each file, i don't remember if you can do this in MJ8 i think you can but don't remember how.

In MC9 you can do this for sure.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 07:37:00 am »

> It sure would be a lot simpler if MJ would just use any .jpg it found in the directory the currently playing music file was in...

It does do this, providing the image is available when you import or re-import your audio files. JR calls it Auto Cover Art Attachment. Frankly I don't like it in either 8 or 9, simply because if you lump your media (music & images) into one directory (which I don't), it takes the first image it finds and attaches it to ALL the imported music files. When it does this (I had an image file in my mp3 directory...unknown to me), I have to strip the coverart out...and that takes a long time on a few thousand files.

You may be able to force the issue by running MJ>File>Library>Update Library after placing the image of your choice in each directory. You can have MJ either imbed the image into the file or link to it.

10-27

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 07:46:43 am »

it also depends on what he named it

if he named "Beatles - One.jpg",  "jbpjkpd.jpg" of course MC can't find it and will nee to be named as the tags in the media library.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 08:03:31 am »

Do you mean if he renamed it? (with MJ thinking the old file name still exists). I'm not aware of any filename limitations regarding cover art.

10-27

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 08:48:09 am »

>> Do you mean if he renamed it?
sure, if you change one chr in a field like this

Weird Al' Yankovic : Art Found
Weird Al Yankovic : Art Not Found

the Art File

Weird Al' Yankovic - In 3d.jpg

when you do a local search MC9 will not find the file if the artist name and the song name or album name do not match.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

OverTheEdge

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2003, 03:47:25 pm »

May you be blessed with high fidelity at high compression... It's working great after re-importing. I'm linking the images now.

I hated the idea of maybe having to embed graphics in each file to get images in MJ - that's a lot of work, it's not very clean tag-wise, and they sometimes seem to wreak havoc with a TOC generator I use on my collection to support an AudioTron.

Thanks very much for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up