INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iriver h10/20g sync error  (Read 5320 times)

vicini

• World Citizen
iriver h10/20g sync error
« on: February 24, 2009, 04:15:52 pm »

good day peoples

i have done a search in here for my problem but am unable to resolve.
i have a iriver h10/20g player. and i cant seem to do any sync at all when in mtp mode. first time i have had any problems. i used wmp 11 and another program with no troubles. someone had shown my this software and i seem to like it very much. so i have downloaded and installed the trial version of media center 13. i really like the media server which is why i wanted to trial the software. everything is great but the sync. i get an error everythime it tries to upload. but i can still use wmp and another program just fine. Am i missing something? it seems to do just fine in ums mode but then when the h10 reboots it doesnt see the files. but what about mtp mode?

the specs are

h10/20g has firmware 2.51 and media center 13 build 119 (the latest from the jrmediacenter website

thanks in advance

Scott
Scott

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iriver h10/20g sync error
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 04:23:53 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

The mtp mode should work as in WMP, since it just uses their software to do the job.  I don't know what the problem may be.

In non mtp mode, you can change the locations where the files go.  That's probably why the device isn't finding them.  Check from Windows Explorer.  Locations are options in MC/Handhelds.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:24:48 pm »

ok. i will look into the directory settings.
i dont need to have wmp running do i? i woulndt think so. since my last post, i installed the trial to two other systems with the same result. i even uninstalled 13 and installed version 12 with the same results. so i think i can rule out computer issues. looking to hear feedback from other h10/20 owners. i love this mp3 player but if i have to get something, maybe its time. been wanting to get a larger size player. but would like to get this one resolved somehow.

thanks again

scott
Scott

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:29:13 pm »

It would be best if you can find a way not to use MTP.  It limits your access.  Its only advantage is that it allows you to sync Windows Media DRM content.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:56:43 pm »

ok, i ended up redownoading/reformating and installed current firmware and syncing is now ok. but i still have another problem. i dont think this is mp3 player related. but i had this problem befor reinstalling the current firmware. this is now relating to the conversion process. i tell the software that i want all files converted to 128 bit wma. so i as i start the sync, it downloads the files iand then i guess this is where the conversion takes place. it says error. without conversion, it syncs fine. i tried the wma and mp3 conversion and i get all errors. any ideas?
Again, this is the trial version but i think its a fully functional trial so i dont think this is a limitaion to this.

Scott

I guess i should mention this too just in case it matters.

I have all my music going into MC thru a network folder location with no permission to modify files or folders within this network folder. So, in other words
MC will monitor the \\Network\Albums path
This is the path that has no permission to write to
Scott

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »

Check all your file location settings in MC options.  Especially the temp folder.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 11:45:33 pm »

despite the trouble i am still having, i ended up buying the program for the simple fact that, i like it. and to hope that my troubles can be resolved.
So now, this is my setup

I run MC13 on my network computer with the media server turned on. location of music is \\media\albums
I have MC13 on my laptop and it locates the server and everything comes up just fine.
I plug my iriver into the laptop and its told to sync a smartlist that i created.
once i hit sync, it downloads and then errors. on every file. i turned logging so that i can send it but i dont have outlook on this and it seems to want to use that? to what e-mail address can i send this log to and where is this log file placed on the hard drive?

Hope we can find the issue to this. it wont be a waste of money because it does a lot more than just sync. very nice and thanks for a better alt. to windows media player

Scott
Scott

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 11:57:36 pm »

despite the trouble i am still having, i ended up buying the program for the simple fact that, i like it. and to hope that my troubles can be resolved.

The moment I found the program I was sold.  Yes, there were some drawbacks...but only in comparison to PERFECTION.  Every other media player had imperfections in relation to JUNK.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:52 pm »

ok, this is now where i end up

if i open a new library from another computer and do auto import of \\media\albums, everything seems to work great, it downloads, converts and syncs to my iriver using ums mode. mtp mode, my river freezes everytime. but thats ok. ums is just fine

however, when i open media center to the media server on another computer (using the same \\media\albums), it downloads, then errors. doesnt want to convert.

all file locations (temp files) are the same on both computer.

so when i open to the media server is where i have the issue

looking forward to my fix
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up