INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server Problem  (Read 952 times)

PHolzwarth

Library Server Problem
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:52:33 am »

Hello, I'm failing to use the library server feature. On my "homeserver", I have set up the library server on port 83.

From a second computer, I can access this via e.g. http://homeserver:83/ and can navigate through my media library in the browser, looking at large lists of music. I've added the homeserver on the second computer as a new library at location "homeserver:83", and have connected to it. It tells me that the library is already in use and is readonly. However, trying to list the audio files just says "There are no files. Double-click here to add files to library."

I've also tried via the IP address of the homeserver. I've added location 192.168.0.158:83 as a new library (again, entering http://192.168.0.158:83/ in the browser works perfect). Using this approach, I get "The Server is a different version or not a Library Server. Please update both machines to the current version and ensure Library Server is running on the proper port.

Additional information: I have XP SP3 on both machines. I've configured IE to use "No Proxy". I've installed Media Center 13.0.143 on both machines, and when looking at the homeserver in the browser, the footer says "Remote Server v1.6 ..."

Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library Server Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 07:25:44 am »

Please post questions that require discussion in a new thread (New Topic in upper right).

Remote Server is not what you need to run.  In tools/options/startup uncheck it. 

It sounds like both Library Server and Remote Server are running on the same port.

PHolzwarth

Re: Library Server Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:50 am »

Thanks! I didn't realize the difference before, but found a page on the help wiki now, explaining it. It works now with the IP address (but not with the host name - still "no files" - but well, this is good enough).

-> A feature request would be to show a more helpful error dialog on a client computer when trying to connect to a remote server instead of a library server.

Thanks again,
Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up