INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video's Wide Screen  (Read 1008 times)

idigapony

• Recent member
Video's Wide Screen
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:20:05 pm »

Is there a setting to have all your videos in MC13 play in Wide screen only always by default?

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Video's Wide Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 03:59:04 pm »

Are you talking about aspect ratio?  I do not know why you would want that, but take a look here:

Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Video -> DirectShow video playback settings...

Aspect Ratio - it is set to "Source Aspect Ratio" by default.  That means it automatically adjust to an aspect ratio appropriate to the video you are playing.  You can try setting it to a specific ratio, such as "1.78:1 (Widescreen)".  Note that the value you choose here is used only when the setting is not found for a specific video file.  You can set the aspect ratio of a specific file by using right-click menu while the file is being played.  If you do that, the setting is saved for that file only in the database.  In other words, besides the global default setting, you can change the individual setting for each file.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nuke2000

Re: Video's Wide Screen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:43:34 pm »

You can set the aspect ratio of a specific file by using right-click menu while the file is being played.  If you do that, the setting is saved for that file only in the database.  In other words, besides the global default setting, you can change the individual setting for each file.

Or down arrow, left/right arrow in theatre view - One of the many reasons i love MC. I can think of no other HTPC front end that allows this (amongst many other things). Yaobling is right, as MC remembers custom aspect/zoom per file why would you wish to overide this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up