INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13 Critical Error - Module failed to load enc_wma.dll & enc_mp3.dll  (Read 1263 times)

tangolovers

• World Citizen

I am using Windows Vista 64.  I've reinstalled as instructed by the messages.  I am receiving them again:

MESSAGE #1
Critical Error:

The following module has failed to load:
C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center13\Plugins\enc_wma.dll

It has reported the following error:

Failed to load JRTools error:Please reinstall the latest version of the program.

Then, when I press OK I get a 2nd error message:

MESSAGE #2
This version of Media Center must be activated by running it once with at lease Power User priveleges.

After this activation, Media Center can be run with only guest priveleges.

(Unactivated Component:  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center13\Plugins\enc_mp3.dll

Then, when I press OK, I get yet A 3rd error message:

MESSAGE #3
The encoder plug-in "Uncompressed Wave' may not be completely installed.  Please re-install it.

When I press OK, and it starts all over with the first error message above and it won't let me escape -- it's virtually impossible to stop this cycle of messages once it starts.  As I mentioned, I already re-installed per the first message, but that didn't seem to do the trick.  All I can recall is that I was playing music and editing tags at the time, but exactly which file I don't recall.

Can you please help??
SusieM - I'm Using MC on MacOS & Windows 10.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.

Make sure MC is properly registered (trial period not expired).  Go to Help >> Registration Info... to see the registration status.

Run MC as administrator once.  That will let MC do what it needs to do to write and access files in protected areas.  After that it should be fine.  Right-click on the icon to launch MC and select "Run as administrator".  Let MC launch, verify that it is working.  Then close it and launch it as a regular user.

tangolovers

• World Citizen

Thank you for your quick response!  I've double checked registration info and everything looks okay.  I reinstalled MC and also ran as administrator after the first serious of errors and now I'm getting the errors for a second time.  Although I'm not 100% certain that I ran as admin after reinstall so I will do that now.   

If this error occurs again say in a week or so or perhaps longer, now do I re-open this case without having to re-type it all over again??

Thanks you!
SusieM - I'm Using MC on MacOS & Windows 10.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.

If the problem reoccurs you can reply back to this thread.  That will keep things in context.

This isn't an official "trouble ticket".  There is no special procedure needed to reopen an old case.  Just reply to a forum thread and it gets bumped to the top again where people will see it.

Here's an explanation of the forum style support system: Is this the only support?
Pages: [1]   Go Up