INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files  (Read 1636 times)

dhartert

• Recent member
MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files
« on: May 07, 2009, 01:57:05 pm »

After upgrading from MC11 to MC13, I'm getting endless tagging error messages. The exact message is "Media Center encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that the files exist, are read-only, and are not in use by other programs". Then follows a list of files.

This error message appears again and again on arbitrary tracks in my library (in fact, it seems that all tracks are concerned, but MC only display a portion of errors at a time). The error message appears on tracks which I'm not even playing currently (i.e. I'm playing song A and the error comes up on ANY other track in my library). However, when I check such a track, I can't recognize anything worng with it. I never had this problem with MC11 before.

What can I do ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 02:15:01 pm »

Are any of the files or folders read only?

In options/general, try unchecking the option to get cover art.  Also uncheck audio analysis.

dhartert

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 03:03:59 pm »

None of the files or folders are read-only. In the meantime also detected that most files don't have my ratings anymore in MC13. However, the same files do have their ratings in MC11 (which is still installed). I think I will clear the MC13 library and rebuild it by importing from scratch - hope this will solve most of the problems.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 03:12:58 pm »

It sounds like your tags may not be populated.  Your ratings may be stored in the library but not in the tag.

Using a small test library.

In MC11, try the Library Option called "Update Tags from Library".

Import the files into MC13.

dhartert

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 04:39:50 pm »

Thanks for providing the right hints - it seems to be OK now. In MC11 I updated the tags from the library, then created a copy of that library and loaded it into MC13. So far I have not detected a problem anymore, and by loading the previous MC11 library I was able to keep all my smartlists, views, etc. Happy now!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:43 pm »

Good!  Thanks for the update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up