INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move folder in MC 13  (Read 1422 times)

xpamer

Move folder in MC 13
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:03:19 am »

Hi, I would like to upgrade to r 13 if there is a good function to move folders from inside MC.
Actually in MC12 i do not find a good function to move folders with audio files inside to another destination folder on different drive.
It could esay ingae that the function "Send to" should be the way to send to. But I am not able to do it.
So I need your support, thank in advance

D
A
N

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move folder in MC 13
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:58:53 am »

the simplest way..you can drag and drop (copy and paste) folders if you use "my computer" under Driver & Devices in MC..the database will pick up the changes at once
MT5FR

xpamer

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:51:14 am »

Yes but doing so I have to reach first the album I have to move instead of moving it from "audio" visualizatition.
Why not to have the chance with a right clink of the mouse to send the foder's album to a new destination ?
Thanks for suggestion but I am looking for an easier way.

D
A
N

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:07:03 am »

you can easy locate the album with the function "locate on disc inside MC"...you can also have a look for the function "rename move and copy files" under library tools
MT5FR

xpamer

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:22:06 pm »

Thank you again. I tried it with my MC12 but, files that are not "audio" are moved in a different directory ?!?

For example:

- from Rename, Move & Copy Files window, I choose:
 Base Path (E:\-=[SHARE]-=-\-=[MP3]=-\-=[COUNTRY + AMERICANA]=-\)
 Rule ([Artist] - [Album] [[Year]])  with no Filenem selection.

The result is that files in the same directory that are not audio (.jpg covers) are showed to be moved under a different directory starting with "unknow artists" path.

How to move all files in the same directory ?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »

You would need to use the file tree for this just like with windows explorer, this is the fastest way.

Drag & drop the folder to the destination and everything in the folder will follow.

I wish there was a more automated way of doing this as it gets tedious if there are many folders that need to go to different places, whilst preserving the existing folder name.

One solutioncould be if the base path allowed expressions or did not require to be filled and the Rule could be used instead.

Was discussed here already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up