INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images in MC14  (Read 2028 times)

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Images in MC14
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:42:14 am »

Hi all,
Just wondering how much you are planning to work on images/photo support in MC14?

The GUI isn't particularly friendly for dealing with my photos and accessing tools and the actual tools seem very limited and un-refined.

Just wondering how much work you guys are planning to put into refining this in MC14?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Images in MC14
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:26:49 am »

Can you be specific about what you want?

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:26:28 am »

Jim, there are many specific requests that have been discussed before. Here's the last topic I remember: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51827.0
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:28:16 am »

Jim, there are many specific requests that have been discussed before. Here's the last topic I remember: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51827.0
I'm aware of many requests, but johnnyboy's post has no details, so it is not useful.

johnnyboy

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:46:25 pm »

I'm not asking about any specific feature that I might want as its not really up to me to decide which features are most important. More just wondering if its an area that you guys plan to work on in v14.

johnnyboy

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:15:38 am »

So is it an area you plan to work on much?
If it is I am sure everyone would be more than happy to give comments and suggestions on things they would like but if its not an area you plan to pay much attention to then no point really coming up with much and I'll just use alternative apps instead.

raldo

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 03:48:42 pm »

I'm aware of many requests, but johnnyboy's post has no details, so it is not useful.

Jim, the post which was referred to was started by johnnyboy (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51827.0). There are many suggestions there (from him and others) which apply to mc14 too.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 04:10:16 pm »

14.0.19 has the beginning of a new Image Preview.  More is planned.

johnnyboy

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 03:18:23 pm »

Hey :)
Great to see its an area you are working on. I tried the image preview and while its a nice first step, just taking up another column of space on my screen isn't making it too useful on my laptop or fit on my screen that much.

The GUI needs to be more flexible so I could put the tree on auto hide for instance so that I can get back some more screen real estate to make it more useable.

What I am really encouraged by is the use of overlay icons to bring up the preview window.
These are a huge usability feature I find and REALLY help make the app more user friendly and faster to work with. The more this is used, the faster and easier the app will be for me at the least, to use.

Additional overlay items on each image that I would find a HUGE benefit for working with images would be:

* rotate icons so I could one click at the spot my mouse was already at, to rotate the image
  * stars under my pictures so I can easily, inline rate them
  * ability to click the date (if I choose to show it) under the images and inline edit it.

Also, just an idea - but the popup image preview that comes as we hover over images, it'd be cool if this could be set to be the preview so that when we click the preview icon, this pops up but then make this popup a little more powerful so it has tools next to it for: rotate, resize, edit, set rating, etc.

Another thought, 'share to web' is set as a main tool in the menu system which is great. When I share to web though I always want to share it to facebook and not to an MC album.
It'd be great if we could configure the action the 'share to web' triggers so that it could be permanently set to share to facebook for me and then for whatever else other users want.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 06:01:44 pm »

+1

I'd really like to have the "share to web" configurable to the galleries of our choosing (facebook for me too). This would fit MC's trend of maximum user custimization and it helps newbies learn that MC has facebook support, etc, as these awesome features are hidden in submenus and are probably found only on accident by non-power users. It only makes sense that clicking on "share to web" would bring up a menu of all the places MC supports that facilitates the sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up