INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO playback problem  (Read 1887 times)

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
ASIO playback problem
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:20:03 pm »

I am glad MC is working out for all of you. I have posted one bug problem and a few enhancement requests. Only the bug has been fixed. Each version upgrade has been a painful process. MC12 to MC13 was unable to convert format from MP4 to FLAC until very late in the MC13 life cycle. I installed MC14, and it's complaining it cannot play ASIO on my Soundblaster X-Fi. MC13 can. The CD burning module needs major usability changes.  I took advantage of the upgrade sale. Not sure I made the right choice.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
ASIO playback problem
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:43:55 pm »

I installed MC14, and it's complaining it cannot play ASIO on my Soundblaster X-Fi.
You need to set Playback to ASIO and you need an ASIO driver that works.

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
ASIO playback problem
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 03:03:36 pm »

You need to set Playback to ASIO and you need an ASIO driver that works.

Please open a thread on any problem you have.  Negative comments without details don't help anyone.
As mentioned in the original message, I said MC13 can play ASIO fine. You can deduce two critical details from this:
1) I have a working ASIO driver installed.
2) I know how to set playback to an ASIO driver.

I would have opened another thread, but MC14 is not even beta. It's preview (alpha?). I am willing to give the developer a chance to let the product gel a little more before raising issues. As mentioned in the original message, I raised issues before with details with little results. So, please excuse my lack of enthusiasm. If I didn't care about the product, I would say and pay nothing about and for it.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
ASIO playback problem
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »

As mentioned in the original message, I said MC13 can play ASIO fine. You can deduce two critical details from this:
1) I have a working ASIO driver installed.
2) I know how to set playback to an ASIO driver.

I would have opened another thread, but MC14 is not even beta. It's preview (alpha?). I am willing to give the developer a chance to let the product gel a little more before raising issues. As mentioned in the original message, I raised issues before with details with little results. So, please excuse my lack of enthusiasm. If I didn't care about the product, I would say and pay nothing about and for it.
I can use ASIO fine with MC14 on both my Vista and XP computer with a Soundblaster X-Fi installed in each computer.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO playback problem
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 03:26:33 pm »

Double check DSP Studio settings.  You may need to, for example, force a sample rate for ASIO to work with that hardware.

ASIO has not changed between MC 13 and MC 14, so I think it's likely to be a setting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: ASIO playback problem
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:36:17 pm »

Double check DSP Studio settings.  You may need to, for example, force a sample rate for ASIO to work with that hardware.

ASIO has not changed between MC 13 and MC 14, so I think it's likely to be a setting.
Okay. I got it to work. Whew. I installed a different ASIO driver and switched to it in ASIO Settings. ASIO Driver by Digidesign doesn't work. ASIO4ALLv2 works. So thumbs up on that.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up