INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Auto Backup  (Read 2383 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Library Auto Backup
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:46:05 am »

If it exists I don't know where to find it but it would be a nice feature to automatically backup the library.  Instead of having to go to File/Library/Back Up Library to manually do it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library Auto Backup
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 08:48:36 am »

MC does this automatically.  Try the Restore feature to see the files.

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 10:06:55 am »

Here is my problem - I want to restore a saved (.zip, I assume) backup to another machine.  The server is on my main box but the notebook does not let me drag and drop files around or out of the mc14 when pointing for it to the library server on the main box.  If I load a copy of the backup (via zip file/library/restore) onto the notebook, drag and drop works with this setup.  I need drag and drop because I select files more easily to use another program for processing.

Currently I have to manually save the library on the main box to this zip format to find and use it on the notebook.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:39:34 am »

Very recent versions of MC14 have a location option for backups.  It's under Options/File locations.  Would that help?

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 04:46:46 pm »

How often is mc14 backing up to the zip file, everytime you make a change, once per day, or? 

I see, my backup folder was in the default user/ location.  I was manually backing up to a McLib folder on my Z: music network drive.  Now I am pointing the options locations to z:.

I do not see an option to point to what folder you want the live library files to be.  So they must default only to a system folder on the local machine? e.g. - C:\Users\rick\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Library\

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 05:17:09 pm »

Use Library Manager (Menu > File > Library Manager) to move libraries, create new libraries, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up