INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View request: browser folder (e.g. flash drive) and play  (Read 1594 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi,

I am loving all the improvements in Theaterview in MC14. Here is a feature request for Theater View to make it even better. I would like an ability to browser a folder via theater view interface and select files to play with remote control. For example, if I have a flash drive or other media card with pictures and I plug it into HTPC, I have to use keyboard/mouse right now to see the pictures. Or, if I have a video file on a network drive and I want to play it, I have to use keyboard/mouse. It would be great if I can browser a directory hierarchy with remote control and select file/files to play.

Thanks,
Osho

)p(

Re: Theater View request: browser folder (e.g. flash drive) and play
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:19:31 am »

It would be great to have a native theater view browser to browse folders not yet imported in the library. Has been requested many times. Fortunately there is an alternative in the form of a jscript based browser that works ok in theater view. See here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51509.0

peter

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:22:46 am »

It would be great to have a native theater view browser to browse folders not yet imported in the library. Has been requested many times. Fortunately there is an alternative in the form of a jscript based browser that works ok in theater view. See here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51509.0

peter

Thanks for this pointer!

Osho

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »

Great tool!

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:28:32 pm »

Hey guys. Anyone got this working with v14? I've tried but can't get anything to play. Changed all references in the html from MC13.exe to MC14.exe. What other changes are needed? Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 02:39:38 am »

Since you ask, I checked and saw the file was updated today. Is that the one you're using?

I can play music and video files only. Other than image files, I'm not sure what else we should expect it to play. In any case, I think the intent is only to provide the means to browse files on the system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up