INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I add more Genres to Video view?  (Read 2198 times)

Moondog2010

How do I add more Genres to Video view?
« on: August 15, 2009, 07:12:49 pm »

I have 3,000+ TV shows and the only Genres available is Unassigned??? 

How do i add more genres please!

Yes I am a newby! 

Can I group my TV shows by Genres,Series,Season?

MC14 does not seem to user friendly to new users...

Thanks for any help!

If I can get this stuff working I will pay for MC14!

Ralph

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: How do I add more Genres to Video view?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:38:55 am »

Your will find there are all the Library Fields you need (including Genre, Series, Seasion and many many more).

1) To display the Library Fields you want, right click on one of the column headings in the lower pain and select the Fields you want to display (you can then drag them around in the order you want).

2) To edit the content of the Library Field, select the tracks you want to change, Press "F2", Tab to the Field you want, enter the data

Should be good to go!
JRiver CEO Elect

Moondog2010

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:55:29 am »

Hello,

Thank you, That helped!  Though it looks like I am going to have to go on a Massive tagging campaign  :-(

Ralph

raldo

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 08:26:32 am »

Hello,

Thank you, That helped!  Though it looks like I am going to have to go on a Massive tagging campaign  :-(

Ralph

There are some plugins that you can use to tag Tv Series, MoviesSeriesInfos, My Movies, PvdImport. They'll save you a lot of work.

I just tagged all my South Park and Futurama episodes with episode descriptions using Personal Video Database with the PvdImport plugin (some self advertisement here:).

See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52145.0 for more info on the PvdImport plugin...

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:25 am »

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a related question. I used a plugin to tag all my movies and for the genres, most of the movies have quite a few listed, and they are delimited by a semicolon. In standard view, I would like to group by genre, but the way it is now, it will only group them if ALL of the genres are the same. If a movie is listed as an Action, Horror, and Sci-Fi movie, I would like it to show up in a grouping of my Sci-Fi movies, Horror movies, and Action movies... Is there a way to accomplish this?

raldo

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 09:47:01 am »

I would like it to show up in a grouping of my Sci-Fi movies, Horror movies, and Action movies... Is there a way to accomplish this?

Yup, the problem with the default genre tag, is that it is a string type field. If it had been a "List (Semicolon delimited)" field, it would have done what you are asking  for.

That's the reason why I have added a new field ".Genre" which is "List (Semicolon delimited)" . You can set up your own fields in Tools\options\Library&folders\ManageLibraryFields.

PvdImport then imports genres to this field from Personal Video Database . I believe ".Genre" is set up in the PvdImport configuration by default.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 10:08:09 am »

thanks, got that to work :)

Moondog2010

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »

There are some plugins that you can use to tag Tv Series, MoviesSeriesInfos, My Movies, PvdImport. They'll save you a lot of work.

I just tagged all my South Park and Futurama episodes with episode descriptions using Personal Video Database with the PvdImport plugin (some self advertisement here:).

See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52145.0 for more info on the PvdImport plugin...

Wow thats a lot to install...  Did it all but no clue what to do next.  Think it would be more easy for me just to delete my video from MC14 and re-import it one show at a time...

That stuff is for the more techie users than me I guess.   Thanks anyway

Moondog2010

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 06:00:28 pm »

That stuff is for the more techie users than me I guess.

No, it's more for us lazy farts who would rather let the program automatically add all the information with us having to lift a finger. We do, of course, put a lot of effort into being lazy. ;D

raldo

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 06:04:29 pm »

No, it's more for us lazy farts who would rather let the program automatically add all the information with us having to lift a finger. We do, of course, put a lot of effort into being lazy. ;D

Yes, Nostra even promised that in the next release he'll do the necessary changes needed in PVD to implement auto import in the plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up