INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio preview thru 2nd channel?  (Read 1972 times)

lemmie

• Recent member
Audio preview thru 2nd channel?
« on: August 17, 2009, 05:18:23 pm »

Hi! I just downloaded and registered MC14 without any problems. MC14 is really a very nice program! It's my absolutely favourite since MC12 to manage and play music! :-) The library manager is excellent, tags are easy done and so on. Since then to MC14 not all features seems to be very obvious, because the GUI didn't change a lot, but this fact is also very nice.

Nevertheless, since MC12 I miss a feature to get a preview of songs thru a second sound channel which leaves the actual playing (main) channel undisturbed, as it is implemented in VirtualDJ (for instance). If MC will have such a feature I'll get rid of VirtualDJ, because I don't use special mixing. All I want to have is a very good music manager (as MC14 is) with this small ::) enhancement to preview songs.

What do you think about? 8)

Thanks a lot for Music Center! :D

Lemmie

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Audio preview thru 2nd channel?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:25:18 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.

You might try setting up a second 'Zone' for previewing on your headphones.  The ability to use multiple discrete sound cards at the same time is one of Media Center's strong suits.

Searching here or the wiki for 'zones' will yield a lot of information.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lemmie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:49:29 pm »

Hi Matt, thanks a lot for your prompt answer. :)

Up to now I didn't hear anything about 'zones'. But now I'll have a look. 8)

I'll keep you informed about my success.

For today it's time to go to bed. ;) I'm living in Germany.

Best regards from Munich,

Lemmie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:36:19 pm »

I had a nice bratwurst and potato salad dinner one night in Munich, when I was 19, riding around on an old Vespa.  It was in a big beer hall, but I hadn't yet learned to drink beer.

Thank you.

lemmie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:22:39 pm »

WHOW!  :)  :)  :)

I was only a few mouseclicks seperated from what I wanted to have. All that's already implemented within MC! You only have to activate it! :-)

X Allow multiple instances to run at one time (within Options > General > Advanced)

Zone Manager > Add [New Zone]

Activate it and configure them. :)

Dear Matt, thanks a lot for your hints and your Zone programming!

I think I should experiment a bit more with MC. ;) There are so much controls and features within MC :) which could somebody (as me) going to be a bit overwhelmed in trying all out within the short time we might all have in these busy times. ;)

But for now ...

The next (Salsa-) Party can come! With MC! :)

Happy greetings from Munich,

Lemmie

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:30:09 pm »

Glad to hear you got it working.

I'd recommend using zones instead of multiple instances.  You can quickly switch zones with Ctrl+T, adding and using a zones toolbar button, or by clicking on the zone under Playing Now in the tree.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lemmie

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 06:44:09 pm »

I had a nice bratwurst and potato salad dinner one night in Munich, when I was 19, riding around on an old Vespa.  It was in a big beer hall, but I hadn't yet learned to drink beer.

Thank you.

Hi Jim,

I suppose you were in the traditional 'Hofbraeuhaus', weren't you? In fact, we have good well known beer here in Bavaria, but the better beer you can get from micro-breweries as there are some in the US too! A long time ago I had the chance to try some ;) very good beers in Houston. I forgot the name. On their lable was a bulldog surrounded by red and black colors.

The Vespa you mentioned is not far away from very good Italian wine. :) I like it too. To enjoy wine has a bit more culture. Ooops, I hope no Bavarian guy will stone me now ... ;)

Oans, zwoa ... g'suffa!  One, two ... drunk that 'nuts'!  ;)

Greetings from Munich,

Lemmie

lemmie

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:50:41 pm »

Glad to hear you got it working.

I'd recommend using zones instead of multiple instances.  You can quickly switch zones with Ctrl+T, adding and using a zones toolbar button, or by clicking on the zone under Playing Now in the tree.

I like to drag titles to the Playing Now window (as AlexB briefly described). But thanks for your hint to have only one MC running. Maybe that's better on my old PC machine. ;) I'll try it out to switch between zones only! :)

Lemmie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 07:22:17 pm »

I suppose you were in the traditional 'Hofbraeuhaus', weren't you?

Lemmie,
This might not be it, but it looked a lot like this:

You must be Dutch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up