INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art Duplicates  (Read 960 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover art Duplicates
« on: August 18, 2009, 10:29:19 pm »

Hi,

I am adding cover art for my movies (the hard way as I dont understand PVD) when I add the cover art to my movie you can also save cover art to external location as specified in the options.

Is there a reason for this? I note that it adds as Video-title but also leaves the original in place.

Which is the best method for saving movie covers??

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Daydream

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art Duplicates
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 12:30:57 am »

There is no (objective) best, since what works best for one may not work the same for others.

Copying the covers to a dedicated folder it's an option, not a requirement. Should you decide to use the idea later, after you added coverart to everything, you can just use the feature to 'Save Coverart to the specified location in options' and you can have a 'centralized' copy of covers too. One reason I find it useful to have everything in one folder is that I can back them up in one shot (I'm redoing many covertart changes by hand and I really don't want to have another go at them if something happens). Or you may want sometimes to point to the same location from more than one machines. As long as you don't change the name of the files and their classification (as in videos won't change to, say, docs :)) the coverart will be picked up, regardless were you move them. You don't have to wonder if you moved the covers with the media in a consistent way. On the other hand one centralized location it's not without problems.

As you noticed the nomenclature is Video - [Name] (for video files). By far and large that's not unique. As mentioned before on other threads, movie remakes and episodes with the same name will cause the coverart moved to one single folder to be overwritten (i.e. there will be n covers named Video - Endgame.jpg; only the last one will remain).

As far as PVD I'm sure there are a couple of guys around that once it's daytime on their meridian :) will be more then eager to help. It's not that difficult. The steps described by Raldo here are really all that's required. If you get the setup right you really don't need to do much, maybe have some patience for PVD to scan your collection and bring the covers & metadata. The import in MC it's uberfast, with no custom tricks (unless you want to tweak things, once you get the hang of it).

However as the obsessive-compulsive coverart collector, I have to make the point that there's no higher quality coverart than the one you put in manually :P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up