INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting  (Read 1952 times)

Neanderthaler

• Recent member
  • Music
Sorting
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:43:36 pm »

I have a question!
It doens't matter how I sort my view, it seems that in the background it always sorts first on Album/Artist (auto)
This is strange for me because I dont even use this in the view and never update it because I don't see the benefit of it
Is there a possibility to turn this sorting of or even get rid of this Album/Artist (auto) or do a miss something important here?

Neanderthaler

• Recent member
  • Music
Re: Sorting
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 02:03:06 pm »

Is it possible to get an answer on this question?
Kind Regards
Peter

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 02:12:32 pm »

It's difficult to visualise how your view is built.

Is it "panes + details", "panes + thumbnails" or "panes + album thumbnails"? Perhaps it's none of those and the view in question is a library browser view?

Either way, more detailed info is required in order for anyone else to be able to reproduce the problem, and then possibly, offer a solution.

As a stab in the dark, is it possible that you're seeing the same issue as discussed in this thread?
If the answer to that is "Yes", there could be a fix in the pipeline, but that fix will appear in MC14, and is unlikely to make it into MC13.

regards,
-marko.

Neanderthaler

• Recent member
  • Music
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 02:30:51 pm »

even in media center 14 it occurs, it is difficult for me to explain but I also want to know the meaning of this artist/auto
when I installed media center 14 I import all my files without altering the view.
once I've imported all files I looked at the tree and saw that it was a mess
let's say I have an album of deep purple and well tagged (never had a problem with views prior to MC13 or other mediaplayers)
But the artist/auto showed on 4 tracks of the album different artists namely 1,2,3 and 4
In other cases the artist/auto shows up with the album name

By changing the view and removing artist/auto and adding artist I resolve this tree problem
But on the list view I have to correct each artist/auto that is different from artist (and that's a lot)
It seems that re-tagging the artist is not always followed by a change in artist/auto

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 03:30:59 pm »

This thread should explain everything you need to know about [album artist (auto)].

Over in the MC14 forum, AlexB has been helping several people out in various threads with a similar problem, and it's to do with changes made to how MC14 reads/writes the band tag (I think).

Generally speaking, clearing the [album artist] tags should restore normality to your world.

-marko.

Edit:
Here's a thread in the MC14 forum that sounds a lot like your problem ---> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53990.0

Neanderthaler

• Recent member
  • Music
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 03:24:24 pm »

Thanks Marko, this is exactly my problem, I already started to fix this by changing manually the album/artist/auto content, and this will take several months
But at least I know now what causes it
Still I am confused about the benefit of this album/artist auto thing it does not add any value to a tag and I never use it
kind regards
Peter

And one question has come up to me
I re-tagged the artist in my deep purple albums into deep purple MK I, deep purple MK II etc.
Now should this not be automatically also change the content in album/artist auto?
Maybe it should but it works random a few tracks will change and others not!
Now these are albums ripped from my CD collection and not loose tracks so the tags should be identical

gappie

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 03:43:10 pm »

And one question has come up to me
I re-tagged the artist in my deep purple albums into deep purple MK I, deep purple MK II etc.
Now should this not be automatically also change the content in album/artist auto?
Maybe it should but it works random a few tracks will change and others not!

maybe those tracks have deep purple in the [album artist] tag, So not in the [album artist (auto)]?

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up