INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC14 losing focus despite me not doing anything outside MC...  (Read 1309 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
MC14 losing focus despite me not doing anything outside MC...
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:18:12 am »

While using Media Center 14, focus seems to randomly be lost. I'm not using any other programs. I can click within MC to try and regain focus but it doesn't work (I still can't use the mousewheel to scroll). However, if I minimize and then restore the window, I regain the ability to use the mousewheel (which is my preferred way to scroll). This is fairly annoying and I have no clue what could be causing it. Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC14 losing focus despite me not doing anything outside MC...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:25:39 am »

Any recent changes to your machine?  New software?

DirectShow filters can sometimes cause problems.  If you're using ffdshow or Haali, make sure you have the option to show an icon in the Task Tray turned off.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:54:58 am »

i do have new software. in fact, it is all new. this is on a clean install of windows 7 64 bit.

where do i check on that ffdshow and haali stuff? i  should note, i also lose the ability to right click, and even type in the search bar

oh, and ps... i just lost the ability to type in this message and had to minimize and restore so it is not a MC exclusive thing; I just happen to use MC more than my browser or any other software :)

i have been unable to isolate when it happens though. i'm not noticing any new icons in my system tray flashing or anything like i have seen before when playing video in MC.

nuke2000

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:44:55 am »

Hi there

MC has lost focus for me in 7 ultimate a number of times - Are you sure it is not taskbar notifications causing the problem as this is what seemed to force MC to loose focus for me. It shouldn't but it does.

Pages: [1]   Go Up