INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting problem (by Genre)  (Read 1326 times)

idhToronto

• Junior Woodchuck
Sorting problem (by Genre)
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:51:46 am »

I have yet to find a complete answer to how sorting works in Media Center.  I would like to present an album thumbnail view of the Genres, upon selecting a Genre it should then present an album view of all albums in that genre sorted by Album. Then when I select an album it should display the files sorted by Disc # - Track #. When it appears I have this accomplished i then select play for the album and it starts playing then sorted by Name. After repeated attempts t does the same.

Is there some documentation where the actual sorting policies, principles, methods or whatever are clearly explained.

Ian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sorting problem (by Genre)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:07:19 am »

Is shuffle on?  It's a button in the upper right?

Other than Disk#, what you describe is the default behavior for Genre.  Open Audio in the tree by clicking on it to see this.

You can add a custom view.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:12:47 am »

actually its easy to reproduce. make a view with genre and album in the top. in the bottom put the files grouped by album or not, although the files are in the right order, when you click play underneath the album thumb at the top, the files are played in alphabetic order.

should i send a jvi file somewhere?

:)
gab

idhToronto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:55 pm »

My point is i do not want them to play by name and they shouldnt play by name. I want them to play in the order that they are numbered - it is no point listening to the Finale before the Overture!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:14:22 pm »

actually its easy to reproduce. make a view with genre and album in the top. in the bottom put the files grouped by album or not, although the files are in the right order, when you click play underneath the album thumb at the top, the files are played in alphabetic order.

should i send a jvi file somewhere?

:)
gab

Please send a .jvi to matt at jriver dot com.

I'm having a tough time reproducing this.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:02:51 pm »

I think we see what's going on.  For sorting the files _inside_ a category, we're using the sorting of the list you only see if you switch to panes mode.

In a coming build, we'll correctly use the sorting that the bottom file list of the view is using.

As a temporary workaround, switch to panes, set the file sorting, and switch back to thumbnails.

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up