INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switch from Stereo to Mono?  (Read 2859 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Switch from Stereo to Mono?
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:26:55 am »

My notebook headphone output is only working on one channel.  How do I set playback to mono in mc14?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Switch from Stereo to Mono?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:14:28 am »

i think you will need a plugin for it. there are free plugins available that can do that for you, dsp or vst. you can add a plugin in dsp studio. a quick search in google showed one for winamp, it might work.

:)
gab

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:53:44 am »

Changing your speaker configuration in windows control panel should do the same I would think?

edbro

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 01:33:58 pm »

I had an old laptop that had a broken audio jack. I got a cheap USB audio output and it worked great. Basically, another sound card. Mine was Turtle Beach but I know there are quite a few out there. I know you get some for less than $15.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 07:34:08 am »

i think you will need a plugin for it. there are free plugins available that can do that for you, dsp or vst. you can add a plugin in dsp studio. a quick search in google showed one for winamp, it might work.

gab
guess changing the speaker configuration would work. i got it wrong though. its already available in dsp. choose output format in dsp studio, and set the channels to mono..

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 05:17:58 pm »

its already available in dsp. choose output format in dsp studio, and set the channels to mono..
I was looking for this quiet a long time. We have just one speaker at our dancing club. In some duets we just had one vocal, because one was singing on the right channel the other one on the left. But I didn't find a solution even after looking into DSP settings. Looks like I just missed it the last four years!!

Last week we got a new soundsystem with two speakers ::)

gappie

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 05:59:33 pm »

I was looking for this quiet a long time. We have just one speaker at our dancing club. In some duets we just had one vocal, because one was singing on the right channel the other one on the left. But I didn't find a solution even after looking into DSP settings. Looks like I just missed it the last four years!!

Last week we got a new soundsystem with two speakers ::)
:) maybe you should set it to 5.1 then, otherwise the students dont recognize the songs.. ;)

ive been wondering about it also. because when i think about it, it is a fairly logical place to put it. i guess for me, missing it is more along the lines from 1, 2, 4, 5. channels is logical, but underneath 2 not interesting , so its not saved on my internal hd.

gab

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 10:08:31 pm »

I see, dsp 1 channel.

Can't this be as simple as button next to repeat and shuffle buttons at the end of the position bar designed to switch between stereo and mono?

I can make another Zone with mono configured but switching zones while a song is playing does not give you mono.  You have to stop playing music in zone 1 and then play your music in zone 2 or else you will have two songs playing at once, in my case one in stereo and one in mono.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 03:33:20 am »

[...]
Can't this be as simple as button next to repeat and shuffle buttons at the end of the position bar designed to switch between stereo and mono?
[...]
A button like this would have helped me much the last years.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, although it would have helped me I don't think that this is such an important option, that there should be a seperat button...?! I think for most users it's a good way to do it via zones even with the restriction that you're than unable to switch mono/stereo during playback.

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 07:55:14 am »

If no single-click icon then add it to the Player menu that toggles mono back to whatever your sound setup is.  Add a hotkey for it too -  Ctrl-Shft-M.
Pages: [1]   Go Up