INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems playing Tivo recordings  (Read 2081 times)

maryjos

• Recent member
Problems playing Tivo recordings
« on: September 14, 2009, 11:19:47 am »

I've been having problems getting Tivo recordings to play on my laptop with MC installed....they work fine on my desktop but I really want to be able to watch recordings on my laptop, but I just get errors. I'm using MC13 and I tried installing the MC4 upgrade with no luck. Uninstalled both and reinstalled the Tivo desktop and still had problems, so not sure where things got messed up but never had problems with it on other laptops. Using Vista Home with Admin rights, User Access control turned off. The error I get in MC is "DirectShow: Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported. Code: 0x80040265" Any ideas? I'm kind of stuck for what else to try at this point.

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Problems playing Tivo recordings
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:50:04 pm »

This has been read 700+ times and no response...?

Is there a preference in codecs to use for Tivo/MC?

Is there a plug-in available?

I am still usingl MC12; is MC14 suitable for playing .tivo video?

To clarify, I am not a Tivo user; I am looking for the ability to play .tivo files from a friend, preferably on MC

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:03 pm »

Pretty sure that .tivo recordings can only be played on the tivo that they were recorded on.  It is all tied to the MAK number.

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:51:08 pm »

I found that by installing TivoDesktop using my friend's MAK key, I can watch .tivo files from him (on the TivoDesktop). I would like to take the next step and watch .tivo files on MC, but there isn't much discussion on this topic. Someday when I subscribe to Tivo, I will get the premium box which, I understand, can burn dvd discs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up