INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14.0.61 can't synchronize with Creative Zen  (Read 1488 times)

joaroyen

• Recent member
MC 14.0.61 can't synchronize with Creative Zen
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:30:29 am »

I've been a long time MC user and have regularly synchronized my Creative Zen with MC. After installing build 61 the synchronization stopped working. All I see when I synchronize the device is "Error" in the status column for each item that should be uploaded. I've tried to reformat my Zen, but that didn't help at all. I also tried to re-detect all devices, but that didn't help either.

I downgraded to MC 14.0.50 and then synchronization works again, but now I can't connect to my library server because the version of the library is incompatible.

Any tip for what I can do to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 14.0.61 can't synchronize with Creative Zen
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:59:53 am »

It may just be the settings for conversion.  What filetype are you starting with?

joaroyen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 12:45:03 pm »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by what file type I'm starting with, but the first time I tried to sync after upgrading to build 61 there was a number of podcasts that failed to upload and those are all mp3s. After formatting the Zen, I'm not sure which file was first in the queue but I'm guessing it was one of my CD rips in wma variable bit-rate. Both formats are natively supported by the Zen.

By the way, I've now recreated the library on my laptop on MC 14.0.50 and have synchronized all of my files back to the Zen (all of my media files is accessible from a network share as well as the library server). This isn't a perfect solution, but it means I can use this local library until this issue is resolved.

joaroyen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:50:25 am »

I downloaded and installed build 14.0.65 and the bug is still present. I've narrowed the problem down to only occur while syncing from a library server. If I switch to a local library synchronizations works just fine.

I'm planning to buy the new iPod Touch 64GB, so I guess this issue won't be relevant for me much longer. If no one else have this problem, you don't have to put this too high on you prioritization list.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 11:25:41 am »

WMDM sync (used for a Zen) doesn't support URLs, only local files.

We're discussing whether we could connect a temporary downloader to the sync engine.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 11:47:34 am »

It looks like the download is supposed to kick in for library server syncs, but it's just not working.

We'll get this fixed in a coming build of v14.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

joaroyen

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 04:47:41 pm »

I just installed build 14.0.67, and now the synchronization works. Thanks guys. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up