INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluescreen  (Read 1644 times)

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
Bluescreen
« on: September 14, 2009, 12:27:45 am »

Had for the first time a memory management bluescreen with V 14.0.65. It's running on a server 2008 x64 , 12 GB memory, 3 monitor setup with ATI gpu's. 5 zones were active with 2x videos, 1 x audio and 2x pictures on a multimedia show without any user input.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bluescreen
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 07:02:36 am »

A blue screen is a hardware or driver problem.

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:27:06 am »

Or a software problem... Running V13 since the beginning with the same setup and had never a bluescreen. Anyway I had never a bluescreen on this system until V14.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:29:55 am »

Or a software problem... Running V13 since the beginning with the same setup and had never a bluescreen. Anyway I had never a bluescreen on this system until V14.
Drivers are software.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 07:29:52 am »

I have a new HP laptop. It came with Vista Home Basic. The system was stable at first, but probably after letting the Microsoft Update tool update some of the HW drivers the OS began to occasionally crash (and create a memory dump). For instance, it always crashed when tried to install a certain MS Office update pack (from a file, not from the update site).

I never discovered the exact cause (or causes) of the problem, but after I reinstalled each and every original device driver from the HP site the PC seems to be stable again.

Possibly the problem could have affected also MC, but I didn't install it before reverting the drivers.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 03:49:23 pm »

Had for the first time a memory management bluescreen with V 14.0.65. It's running on a server 2008 x64 , 12 GB memory, 3 monitor setup with ATI gpu's. 5 zones were active with 2x videos, 1 x audio and 2x pictures on a multimedia show without any user input.

While it is quite likely a driver issue (my guess would be the video card drivers), on the outside chance that it is a MC problem we'd need more details about the exact error code of the bluescreen (which STOP error it was, specifically, and what DLLs were referenced, if any) in order to help diagnose it.

I'd probably just suggest updating those AMD/ATI GPU drivers though.  Catalyst 9.9 just came out this week.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 04:57:02 pm »

While it is quite likely a driver issue (my guess would be the video card drivers), on the outside chance that it is a MC problem we'd need more details about the exact error code of the bluescreen (which STOP error it was, specifically, and what DLLs were referenced, if any) in order to help diagnose it.

I'd probably just suggest updating those AMD/ATI GPU drivers though.  Catalyst 9.9 just came out this week.

Those drivers did not work for my system.  I couldn't play certain movie types and it would give me a BSOD.  Rolled back the driver and everything has been fine since...

It can't hurt to try though!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

kpli

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 05:00:16 pm »

i will try it on my server,see what happens

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 06:15:39 pm »

Those drivers did not work for my system.  I couldn't play certain movie types and it would give me a BSOD.  Rolled back the driver and everything has been fine since...

It can't hurt to try though!

Catalyst 9.9 has been fine for me on my AMD GPU-powered systems.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up