INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BLUE SCREEN HELP  (Read 1225 times)

holtholt987

BLUE SCREEN HELP
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:08:33 pm »

I have Vista Business as my OS and Media Center 14 keeps crashing my machine. Has this happened to anyone else and if so did you solve the problem???

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: BLUE SCREEN HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »

A blue screen is a hardware or driver issue.

holtholt987

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:15:06 pm »

Yes... I know this. But it only happens when I am running MC14. It did not happen with 13.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 12:21:59 am »

Yes... I know this. But it only happens when I am running MC14. It did not happen with 13.

You will need to state more details to make progress on a solution.  For example,

1. What were you doing in MC 14 when the crash occurred? (playing audio, playing video, importing files, etc.)  What had you been doing earlier?

2. What file formats were involved?  Where were the files?

3. What hardware were you using for output? (soundcard, video graphics adapter, etc.)

4. Did you have any plugins installed?  Which ones? Were you using Quicktime for playback?  Were you using a DirectShow filter?

5. Have you collected crash info from Windows?  That might pinpoint a module where the crash occurred.

Bill

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 02:49:49 am »

Blue Screen is a case of bad drivers and bad hardware as Jim said. Most often memory when it comes to hardware. If the computer panics when you use MC then there's probably a driver or hardware which are being used by MC/Windows.
If you play music while this happens, it's a good chance that you need to update the sound card drivers. If it's in theater View it might be that you need to update the video driver or directx version. Can't think of more examples now. But keep you're system up to date and you'll probably get rid of the problem.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 06:42:32 am »

You could start by updating your video driver.  Then update DirectX from Microsoft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up