INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.79 -- Available Here  (Read 4243 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.79 -- Available Here
« on: October 03, 2009, 10:56:38 am »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140079.exe

14.0.79 (10/02/2009)

1. Changed: Theater View artist slideshows filter out a few missing image pictures from flickr, etc.
2. Fixed: When double-clicking a file that couldn't play, in some cases it could silently advance and play the next track instead of showing the problem playing the selected track.
3. Changed: MC no longer offers to configure the Amazon downloader.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of core block memory allocation engine.
5. Changed: Search suggestions will not automatically select the first suggestion, so down + enter must be pressed to accept a suggestion (instead of just enter).
6. Optimized: Improved home page loading performance of Performer Store.
7. Optimized: Improved database loading performance.
8. Changed: Added more ipod nano 5g and shuffle 3g definitions. Need feedback.
9. Optimized: Stores (e.g. Performer) only load when needed rather than at MC startup. This speeds up startup time considerably.
10. Fixed: If the crash dialog showed at startup, the program would crash again. (only applies to last few builds)
11: Changed: Added ogv file type (Ogg Video).  Separated "Media Container (ogm,mkv)" into "Matroska Video (mkv)" and "Ogg Video (ogv,ogm)".
12. Fixed: The initial import Action Window could be sized incorrectly.
13. Changed: Forward slashes in fields no longer output a new directory when using Rename, Move, & Copy Files.
14. Fixed: Theater View '(No Theme)' mode was not working properly. (may need to reselect in options to correct)
15. NEW: Theater View allows selection of a background color and overlay image strength for themes.

14.0.78 (09/30/2009)

1. Fixed: Theater View themes didn't run a slideshow in artist-style views.

14.0.77 (09/30/2009)

1. Fixed: With Media Server running, previewing an image from Explorer then closing with the 'x' wouldn't close the program.
2. Changed: Theater View themes better handle switching between views that resolve to the same theme path.
3. NEW: When a Theater View theme uses a video, the position of the video will be saved so leaving and reentering the view resumes in the last location.
4. NEW: Theater View can switch between multiple installed themes in Options > Theater View.
5. NEW: Theater View themes can be packaged in a zip file, shared, and installed from a zip file. (Options > Theater View > Theme)
6. Changed: The view menu at the top of My Computer views allows changing list styles without using the customization dialog.
7. Fixed: Performer store startup should be quicker - zero initial hits to the Discovery music service.

14.0.76 (09/29/2009)

1. Fixed: If the system was configured to prompt about accepting a cookie, it could show a dialog from Podcasting or Theater View themes.  Now cookies will be silently rejected in this case.
2. Optimized: Improved data flow when using Dolby Digital output to remove all memory allocations, and greatly reduce the number of memory copies.
3. Fixed: Theater View could draw scrollbars for lists that were not scrollable.
4. NEW: Added soft edges to Theater View theme images.
5. NEW: Improved aspect ratio handling of Theater View theme images.
6. NEW: Theater View themes can use videos instead of just images (they cross-fade with other videos or images when using multiple videos).
7. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
8. Changed: Improved efficiency and caching used by Theater View theme images.
9. Changed: Double clicking an image in Windows Explorer will always display in a windowed display view (previously it could go full screen).

14.0.75 (09/28/2009)

1. NEW: Added new Theater View background system called 'Themes' available in Options > Theater View.
2. Fixed: Some Theater View backgrounds could draw before the rest of the skin would draw.
3. Fixed: Theater View scroll / selection could be reset when re-entering Theater View.
4. NEW: Added define for ipod shuffle 3g. Need feedback.
5. Fixed: Delete temp files created when trying to automatically add cover art to flac files that were read-only.

14.0.74 (09/25/2009)

1. Fixed: The loading page of the Performer Store did not properly support translation.
2. Fixed: Navigating back from an external page like Images or Wiki in the Performer Store could show a never-ending 'Loading...' page.
3. Changed: The television guide list shows 18 hours forward instead of 12 hours forward from the start time. (in Standard View and Theater View)
4. Fixed: A television recording in Theater View with no date would show a spurious comma in the display.
5. Changed: The television programming guide only says 'Showing' when viewing the current time.
6. Fixed: Editorial content for Performer store was not getting downloaded.
7. Changed: Display of home page in Performer store is quicker.
8. Fixed: Download action window showed a 'Cancel' button even if the download was already completed.
9. Internal: Reworked how wait messages are shown to better prevent them causing a situation where a pop-up shows under the program.
10. Changed: If a DVD is inserted while Theater View is showing and nothing is playing, the disc will be played, regardless of the AutoPlay settings in Options > CD & DVD.
11. Changed: The 'Play' button on the remote will act like pressing enter in Theater View when a non-playable item is selected. (allows pressing 'Play' on DVD to start playback, or 'Play' to browse news, etc.)
12. Changed: Tuned how remote control blasting works when generating repeats to work better on transceivers capable of blasting and receiving simultaneously (like the JRiver Media Center Remote).
13. Changed: When displaying a file size, a decimal is only shown for values less than 100 (i.e. will show decimal for 48.5 MB but not for 641 MB).
14. NEW: Added define for ipod nano 5g. Need feedback.

14.0.73 (09/24/2009)

1. Fixed: System comboboxes on some dialogs would open with no size (only applies to build 72).
2. Changed: Auto-import ignores changes in the television recording folder.
3. Optimized: Opening the Import wizard could be slow on machines with a lot of mapped network drives.
4. Fixed: After changing a locked view, selecting 'Save As New View', leaving, then returning, the old view would be selected instead of the new view.
4. Changed: Performer store related database fields do not clutter up user visible lists of fields anymore.
5. Changed: Amazon store does not automatically configure the Amazon downloader - it asks the user first.
6. Changed: 'Mood' field is saved as TMOO in ID3v2.4 and TXXX(Mood) in ID3v2.3. (COMM(MusicMatch_Mood) is still read but never written)
7. Changed: Added a cache control header to library server library responses to possibly prevent caching problems caused by proxies, etc.
8. Fixed: Disk Writer output filenames were not correct.

14.0.72 (09/22/2009)

1. NEW: Added new subwoofer DSP, SubClarity, to remove unwanted rumbles from the subwoofer line, leaving clean, tight hits.
2. NEW: Added Locate Links next to Genre, Artist, and Album fields for audio files.  Locates in local library for library views, locates inside store for Performer Store views. (can be disabled in Options > General > Advanced > Features)
3 NEW: Added support for beats per minute for WMA tag reading and writing.
4. NEW: Added ability to use "CustomData(#)" expression in the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog for outputting the list index.
5. Fixed: The Action Window could show double scrollbars in some cases.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of Action Window opening and resizing.
7. Changed: The MCC command MCC_IMPORT_AUTO_RUN_NOW accepts a bSilent parameter to initiate a silent background import.
8. Fixed: Album Thumbnail views would not always sort in the order expected.
9. Changed: The option to import anything added to Playing Now will exclude streaming files from the Performer Store.

14.0.71 (09/21/2009)

1. Fixed: Deleting television recording files from within MC did not work since build 62.
2. Changed: DSP Studio no longer refuses to show when playback is stopped, but Playing Now contains images or videos.
3. Changed: When enabling or disabling a DSP in DSP Studio, that DSP is shown.
4. Changed: Dolby Digital output of 5.1 sound works with DirectSound. (previously only worked with WASAPI)
5. Fixed: Entering Theater View at a view that showed a popup, like Hulu or YouTube searches, would show a black screen.

14.0.70 (09/16/2009)

1. NEW: Added ability to output music as a 5.1 Dolby Digital stream in DSP Studio > Output Format. (requires S/PDIF connection to surround sound receiver)
2. Changed: The file "<filename> - Saved Time-Shifting.jtv" will not be imported as part of a folder during auto or manual import.  They can still be imported manually by drag individual files to player, or by selecting the individual files and using shell extension.
3. NEW: Playback Range can now be applied to audio files that are played in "JRiver Audio engine (using DirectShow)".
4. Changed: Performer store does better error handling when a user logs in on two computers at the same time.

14.0.69 (09/15/2009)

1. Changed: ipod defines to work with itunes 9.0.0 database.
2. Fixed: gracefully ignore corrupt flac files with insane number of supposed comments in the metadata.
3. Changed: When a television recording ends, a sidecar file is automatically created.
4. Fixed: The grab on the tree/view splitter would be reset if the Action Window changed height from the size.
5. Changed: Performer Store is back. Previous builds had an installation error that prevented the store from working properly.
6. Changed: If the user has not selected any transform filter ("Other Filters") except for the "JRiver Bitrate Monitor" for MPEG video and JRiver television recording files, MC will try to use the Microsoft video decoder.
7. Changed: In custom IR blast dialog, import from Pronto hex code is now available on Vista/Win7 as well as XP.

Cerebro

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 14.0.79 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:31:14 pm »

Hi,

I own this ipod below.

Model: Ipod Nano 5th Gen, 16GB, Bright Blue
Last 3 Digits: 72X
Modelnr: MC066LL

With the previous built of MC14, I got the message:
"Please check for an updated version of Media Center.
iPod type: 'YM****YF72X', ",1452,4709"

Now, I get the following message whenever I plug the ipod:
'Device information cannot be retrieved. Please reboot your PC and retry.'
Obviously, a reboot did not help.

Can you advise? FYI, I am running Win7 RC. this ipod is working fine with itunes, an older 2nd gen nano also still works with MC14 under win7.

Thanks!

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Cannot unload VST plugins via Plugin manager
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:29:07 pm »

I posted this late on the 14.0.071 thread and it looks like it did not make it.

I have loaded a bunch of VST plugins and the native support works great.

However, I can not unload those plugins via the plugin manager. The removal reports success but the plugins remain.

Cheers

Thomas

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 05:32:23 pm »

A problem with the sidecar files.

If you have a video file with its sidecar file and the video file already has some tags embedded, MC doesn't read the corresponding items from the sidecar file when importing it. "Update Library (from tags)" doesn't load those tags either.

This becomes a problem when you move some files from one PC to another or if you change their tags from a second PC, because you have to enter those tags again.

It happens to me with many of the mkv's I have, because the copy of MC running on the htpc is set to auto-import all the files I move to the library folders from my PC.

Bibo

• Recent member
In DSP Studio window is too small when opening a plug-in
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 02:14:59 am »

At 1024x760 monitor resolution in DSP Studio when opening a VST plug-in such as Allocator, the opening window is too small. I checked it on 2 different computers.
It needs an up/down slider!

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:31:49 am »

2. NEW: Added Locate Links next to Genre, Artist, and Album fields for audio files.  Locates in local library for library views, locates

Quite like this, though they'd be a lot more useful if middle clicking would open in a new tab :)

Sauzee

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 12:07:37 pm »

2. NEW: Added Locate Links next to Genre, Artist, and Album fields for audio files.  Locates in local library for library views, locates inside store for Performer Store views. (can be disabled in Options > General > Advanced > Features)

Love this! How about the same feature next to filename column which locates on Disk (external)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 12:16:31 pm »

... and do this for any database field (like option)?  ;) Not all use the default Genre field..

8. Fixed: Album Thumbnail views would not always sort in the order expected.

Works fine, thanks

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 11:52:02 pm »

14.0.79 (10/02/2009)

8. Changed: Added more ipod nano 5g and shuffle 3g definitions. Need feedback.

14.0.75 (09/28/2009)

4. NEW: Added define for ipod shuffle 3g. Need feedback.

Just curious... will you ever be able to offer a 'define' for Rockbox players? i.e. Windows 7 correctly identifies my iPod Video as Rockbox when I boot up. It will also identify it as an iPod if I boot into the original firmware.

Perhaps more of a 'bug' is that when I *do* load up MC with the Rockbox firmware loaded, I continuously receive pop-ups indicating that my device could not be loaded and to please reboot my computer. This becomes very annoying since it pops up every time MC tries to 'figure' it out.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 11:48:45 am »

Bug: After Express Installation, I get the dialog to Purchase, Restore or Cancel (even though the previous version (.71) as properly licensed and registered. I press Cancel, the app loads normally, and I check Help: Registration Info... - it reports a proper registration. The Buy / Restore / Cancel dialog never appears again - this seems to be a one time thing after installing this update for me.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

MusicHawk

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 12:42:15 pm »

Added Locate Links next to Genre, Artist, and Album fields for audio files.  Locates in local library for library views, locates inside store for Performer Store views. (can be disabled in Options > General > Advanced > Features)

The new option "Locate Links" doesn't exist in Features. The correct name seems to be "Linkable Column".

I disabled it because, while a cool idea, I have no need for quick access to Genre, Artist, and Album. My wish is for shortcut links to any arbitrary field/view, ESPECIALLY custom fields/views that I require to organize and manage my library.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 03:23:33 pm »

Odd behavior with the tag window with this build.  I can't edit tags (except for the first few at the top of the list).  If I go down to "year" (as an example)...click on the tag to change it......the cursor jumps up to the top of the list.  I have to go back to .71 to edit tags.

EDIT...FYI, I did roll back to .71 and the ability to edit tags was restored.

Sauzee

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 01:20:48 am »

Odd behavior with the tag window with this build.  I can't edit tags (except for the first few at the top of the list).  If I go down to "year" (as an example)...click on the tag to change it......the cursor jumps up to the top of the list.  I have to go back to .71 to edit tags.

I can confirm this too.

Sauzee

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 09:53:24 am »

Video tagging using xml files is not working. MC isn't creating the xml files anymore and claims that the tagging error is caused by locked files.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 02:13:06 pm »

Odd behavior with the tag window with this build.  I can't edit tags (except for the first few at the top of the list).  If I go down to "year" (as an example)...click on the tag to change it......the cursor jumps up to the top of the list.  I have to go back to .71 to edit tags.

Here too, but the odd issues with the tagging window reported at .71 are gone.

FYI, it is still possible to edit tags at the bottom of the list in .79, you just have to scroll back down using the mouse wheel (assuming you've got a mouse wheel). It's a pain but it works fine for an occasional edit.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 02:28:31 pm »

Musepack tagging is crashes MC

tsmoke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 05:06:30 am »

2. NEW: Added Locate Links next to Genre, Artist, and Album fields for audio files.  Locates in local library for library views, locates inside store for Performer Store views. (can be disabled in Options > General > Advanced > Features)

This is the best way to introduce new interface features. If someone doesn't like it, it can be disabled.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 09:11:40 am »

I confirm this too.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

nuke2000

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 12:32:08 pm »

'theater view themes can use videos'

Hi there

Nice idea but using a video as a background in 'videos', play a video and browse back to videos to add to playlist. MC slows to a crawl. Implementation is pretty poor and somehow i think my hardware (although not bang up to date) should be adequate: core 2 quad, 8800 gts, 4 gb ddr2 1066, velociraptor hdd, win 7 rtm, latest drivers, blah blah??

On a similar subject i would have thought setting theater view playback to high quality should not cause an issue on my system but the playing now preview is like a slide show under this setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up