INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.84 -- Available Here  (Read 6384 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.84 -- Available Here
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:26:18 am »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140084.exe

14.0.84 (10/16/2009)

1. Fixed: The method being used to detect the installed version of Internet Explorer was not working properly with IE 6. (Media Center requires IE 5 or later for installation)
2. Fixed: Installing a license from an mjr file when running unelevated with UAC could cause issues.
3. Changed: Installer removes any JRiver UAC-redirection registry keys. (redirection is not needed or desirable for current JRiver programs)'
4. Optimized: Improved performance of core date handling library. (used by many parts of the program)
5. Changed: Library Sync over library server allows clearing fields (previously only accepted non-empty changes).
6. Changed: Library Sync supports file removal (previously only supported additions / modifications).
7. Optimized: Numerous database engine speed improvements.
8. Fixed: UPnP server transcode option to uncompressed wave (L16 big endian) for DLNA compatible devices (like the PlayStation 3)
9. NEW: ID3v2 tagging in WAVE and AIFF files.    Do not use this feature yet -- see below.
10. Fixed: Dragging into the player could make the program switch to always-on-top.
11. Fixed: Visualizations were not working properly with newly created zones.
12. Fixed: WAVE input plug-in did not handle padding byte in chunk data correctly.

14.0.83 (10/14/2009)

1. Fixed: The program list in Television view would incorrectly allow in place editing. (only applies to build 82)
2. Fixed: Theater View themes wouldn't show root items (only applies to build 82).
3. Changed: Television component will no longer try to grab keyboard focus when a scheduled recording is started.
4. Fixed: Performing a 'Clear' in Theater View's Playing Now could cause a crash.
5. Fixed: Uninstalling a plugin prompts for UAC elevation (previously could fail with UAC enabled).
6. Fixed: High bitrate FLAC files would not display their VBR bitrates during playback.
7. Fixed: MPC tagging could crash.
8. Fixed: Scheduler playback tasks would not work properly when configured to target newly created zones.
9. Changed: Made 'Album Artist (auto)' column show a link icon, just like 'Artist'.
10. NEW: Added 'Benchmark' tool to measure system performance and help diagnose performance problems. (Help > Benchmark...)

14.0.82 (10/12/2009)

1. Fixed: When playing a digital television channel with no sound card (or other errors), MC just showed a black screen with no error message.  Now an error message is displayed on screen.
2. Fixed: When playing an analog television channel with no sound card, MC could hang.
3. Optimized: Improved performance of television recording engine shutdown.
4. Fixed: Television recordings were not properly correlated to their recording rule, preventing automatic deletion. (old recordings will need to be deleted manually)
5. Changed: Improved messaging when configuring recording for a television program that was scheduled to be recorded, but then was canceled.
6. Changed: When emailing images, parametric edits and rotation will be applied even if the option 'Keep the original sizes' is selected.
7. Changed: Television view in Standard View allows multiple selection for easier deletion of recordings.
8. Changed: Television view supports sorting.
9. Fixed: When playing audio in "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow)", gapless output setting was sometimes not properly honored.
10. NEW: Added Theater View theme option for 'Show online media slideshow in artist views'.
11. Changed: Theater View themes better support translation (English folder names recommended for custom themes to make sharing possible across languages)
12. Changed: Updated the Chinese language file (thanks to Katapa).
13. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).

14.0.81 (10/08/2009)

1. NEW: Uncompressed AIFF audio (*.aif, *.aiff, *.aifc) files can be played natively in "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)".
2. Changed: Skinning engine supports 'Indent' rectangle for search and edit boxes for better control over text position in the box.
3. Changed: Improved saving mechanism and messaging for the image editor.
4. Fixed: 32-bit uncompressed WAVE file could not be played in "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)".
5. Changed: 12-bit uncompressed WAVE file, previously routed to DirectShow when user selected "Automatic" playback method, is now routed to WAVE plug-in.
6. Changed: Image editing can be invoked without entering the image preview mode.
7. Changed: Standardized the image tools right-click menu to be more consistent between the file list and image preview modes.
8. Fixed: Some stock Mini View skins weren't showing text properly.
9. Changed: Mini View skin parser accepts rectangles entered in reverse order (unnormalized), since this was supported in older versions.
10. Changed: Reworked how menus and toolbars draw the last item when a chevron appears for a more natural look.
11. Changed: Improved how view headers perform their layout as they run out of horizontal space.
12. Fixed: Some singles wouldn't appear in the store.
13. Changed: Better messaging in the store for albums that haven't been released yet.
14. Changed: Higher quality cover art is used when streaming from the store.
15. Optimized: Improved image quality and loading performance of album images on home page.
16. Optimized: The thumbnailing engine uses filename-based caching so the same filename or URL isn't read over-and-over to display a list of files with the same external image filename. (cache items only live a short amount of time)
17. Fixed: MC would crash if user attempted to scan television channel while having no television device installed on the computer.
18. Fixed: Scrolling and sizing of the Tag Action Window could be problematic.
19. Changed: Editing in the Tag Action Window places the edit below the label with the full width of the window.
20. Fixed: In rare cases, clicking away from editing in the Tag Action Window could crash.

14.0.80 (10/06/2009)

1. NEW: Added the ability to uninstall a DSP plug-in to the 'Add plug-in' menu in DSP Studio.
2. Fixed: Stock DSP plug-ins could be uninstalled, possibly causing problems.
3. Fixed: Output plug-ins / drivers that don't fully play down their queued buffers could stall on the last track, requiring a manual stop to be pressed.
4. NEW: Added support for MainFrame::MenuBackground skin item to place a skinned background under the main menu.
5: Changed: Try to support ipod nano 5g. Music only! Need feedback.

14.0.79 (10/02/2009)

1. Changed: Theater View artist slideshows filter out a few missing image pictures from flickr, etc.
2. Fixed: When double-clicking a file that couldn't play, in some cases it could silently advance and play the next track instead of showing the problem playing the selected track.
3. Changed: MC no longer offers to configure the Amazon downloader.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of core block memory allocation engine.
5. Changed: Search suggestions will not automatically select the first suggestion, so down + enter must be pressed to accept a suggestion (instead of just enter).
6. Optimized: Improved home page loading performance of Performer Store.
7. Optimized: Improved database loading performance.
8. Changed: Added more ipod nano 5g and shuffle 3g definitions. Need feedback.
9. Optimized: Stores (e.g. Performer) only load when needed rather than at MC startup. This speeds up startup time considerably.
10. Fixed: If the crash dialog showed at startup, the program would crash again. (only applies to last few builds)
11: Changed: Added ogv file type (Ogg Video).  Separated "Media Container (ogm,mkv)" into "Matroska Video (mkv)" and "Ogg Video (ogv,ogm)".
12. Fixed: The initial import Action Window could be sized incorrectly.
13. Changed: Forward slashes in fields no longer output a new directory when using Rename, Move, & Copy Files.
14. Fixed: Theater View '(No Theme)' mode was not working properly. (may need to reselect in options to correct)
15. NEW: Theater View allows selection of a background color and overlay image strength for themes.

JimH

• Administrator

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 14.0.84 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:12:28 am »

Where is this option?
NEW: Added Theater View theme option for 'Show online media slideshow in artist views'.

Nick-S

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:14:27 pm »

Many of my Folder.jpg are deleted (I don't know why) and "Save Coverart To External Location Specified In Options" does not create a new Folder.jpg in the album folder, although in the options the setting "In the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg)" is selected...

Coolhighend

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:51:37 am »

ID3v2 tagging in WAVE and AIFF - I love you guys!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:12:26 am »

I think it is a promising, but still a bit experimental feature. I have reported some issues in the beta board and probably you should wait a fixed build before tagging anything else than temporary test files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 08:41:12 am »

As Alex said.  I will be working on it today.  Please wait until the next build to start using the feature.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 09:48:28 am »

Installed .84 over release version .73. The flag in Tools / Options / DirectShow / "Use WMV Acceleration if available" had been set TRUE again during installation, although I had disabled it when using .73.

Using .73, various WMV files caused a complete system hang simply trying to populate the thumbnails. In .84, performance is better, allowing partial playback of a WMV file with accleration. After a short time, however, my system still locks solid, requiring power-off reset (XP Pro 64 with all current updates). Note, MC13 locked solid, as well. The problem seems most apparent on large HD WMV files.

In versions .73 and .84, playback without acceleration is correct.

Coolhighend

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 02:47:35 am »

As Alex said.  I will be working on it today.  Please wait until the next build to start using the feature.

I did not tag any files yet with JR, but I did add my 3500 ripped CDs with WAV Tags to the library - no problems at all, just great!

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 06:36:00 am »

Everything below the next paragraph is my inability to read wiki page and follow simple instructions, but i have left for others to see my stupidity.

Having said that, it would be nice if MC followed the behavior of MM3 as it would save a lot of manipulation  in that program. i.e MM3 with folder monitoring will go through each directory and produce a mymovies.xml file in each (except VIDEO_TS folders).  i don't have to tell it that it is an avi file unless i want to and i would prefer not to as it a lot of clicking.  could MC not simply assume that a mymovies.xml file applies to every video type file in the same directory and be superseeded by a more specific moviename.mymovies.xml file. similarly for a VIDEO_TS folder, if a mymovies.xml file exists one directory up, that can be assumed to apply.  at least having this as an option would make the marriage of MM3 and MC a lot easier.

Upgraded to v84.  File->Clear Library  then imported my directory with videos/movies. All movies appear in Video->File view but are not available in Video->Movie view, despite having mymovies.xml files available in each subdirectory (no jsidecar present to overwrite).  Appears that this feature is not working properly.

[As an aside, I was able to import (using MC14 but last week) with File->ImportPlaylist->mymovies xml file that contained all movies. This seemed to populate movies list, but MC appears to assume that movies necessarily reside in VIDEO_TS structure where they instead perhaps exist as avi file instead, i.e. hovering on e:/movies/juno after xml import show e:/movies/juno/VIDEO_TS.dvd;1; and not e:/movies/juno.avi. Does MC want the mymovies.xml to be explicitly called juno.mymovies.xml if it is a file not a VIDEO_TS structure even though mymovies is happy and does an autolookup of data (does this based on directory name and not file name??  Would be good perhaps if MC followed this same behaviour , for the lazy amongst us, and if mymovies.xml exists and video_ts doesn't exist,it will assume that mymovies.xml data applies to each video file in directory?]

[have also tried specifying avi file as online file within mymovies3.  this then creates a juno.mymovies.xml  this also doesn't appear to be imported when i select right click library_>update library from tags.  

but it does work upon library->import playlist->mymovies xml from export of mymovies.  interestingly on this same import with a backed up DVD with a video_ts structure, MC lists the file name is juno\VIDEO_TS.dvd;1 and subsequently doesn't work upon a double click but does bring in tags and lists in movies view. I assume the .dvd is causing problems?  If i delete and import same folder again and update library from tags, it again doesn't show in movies view]

Thanks
Craig

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 04:22:43 pm »

Has something changed wrt ripping in .84? When I tried ripping some CDs (to FLAC, on a NAS), some of the resultant files contained a lot of noise. It sounded a bit like static/white noise. I didn't have any problems with <= .81, it seems to have started with .84.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 10:20:46 am »

Installed .84 over release version .73. The flag in Tools / Options / DirectShow / "Use WMV Acceleration if available" had been set TRUE again during installation, although I had disabled it when using .73.

Using .73, various WMV files caused a complete system hang simply trying to populate the thumbnails. In .84, performance is better, allowing partial playback of a WMV file with accleration. After a short time, however, my system still locks solid, requiring power-off reset (XP Pro 64 with all current updates). Note, MC13 locked solid, as well. The problem seems most apparent on large HD WMV files.

In versions .73 and .84, playback without acceleration is correct.

If hardware acceleration is tanking your system, you might try updating video drivers.  The video drivers are responsible for the hardware acceleration.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:50 am »

Where is this option?
NEW: Added Theater View theme option for 'Show online media slideshow in artist views'.

I don't see it either.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 10:36:09 am »

Has something changed wrt ripping in .84? When I tried ripping some CDs (to FLAC, on a NAS), some of the resultant files contained a lot of noise. It sounded a bit like static/white noise. I didn't have any problems with <= .81, it seems to have started with .84.

I tried ripping a FLAC with this build, and it worked alright.

You might try secure ripping if you're not using it since it double-checks all reads from the disc and reports any possible problems.

Please start a new thread if we should dig deeper.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 10:43:43 am »

Mouse scrolling problem split to new thread.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 03:05:50 am »

Visualizations integrated in track info templates are not working with the last few builds of MC any more :(

HiFiTubes

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 09:09:38 am »

Fill Properties From Filename

When using 3 field expression to pull from a filename that has 6 fields, the 3rd field contains data from fields 3-6.

Filename = [1] - [2] - [3] - [4] - [5] - [6]

Expression = [1] - [2] - [3]

[3] = [3] - [4] - [5] - [6]

gappie

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 09:38:57 am »

Fill Properties From Filename

When using 3 field expression to pull from a filename that has 6 fields, the 3rd field contains data from fields 3-6.

Filename = [1] - [2] - [3] - [4] - [5] - [6]

Expression = [1] - [2] - [3]

[3] = [3] - [4] - [5] - [6]
would not see that as a bug. you could try: Expression = [1] - [2] - [3] - []

:)
gab

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 09:39:15 am »

It's working correctly. You have not defined where the third field should end.

For instance, you can use:

[1] - [2] - [3] - []

(The empty bracket pair works as a null field. Anything that comes after "[1] - [2] - [3] - " goes there and is ignored.)

or  if you would like to include 6, but ignore 4 and 5:

[1] - [2] - [3] - [] - [] - [6]

EDIT

gab was faster...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 04:48:29 pm »

I tried ripping a FLAC with this build, and it worked alright.

You might try secure ripping if you're not using it since it double-checks all reads from the disc and reports any possible problems.

Please start a new thread if we should dig deeper.

Thanks Matt. New thread started.

Bibo

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 08:19:58 am »

This is a little annoyance during playback rather than a big problem. I thought it was going to be solved without asking, but it seems that the problem persists.
I have MC playback set to prebuffering 6sec and Play from memory.
When I initially start playing back a song, it is fine.
However, if I stop playing and start another song, after the new buffering into memory at the beginning of playback one can hear a "spurt" from the previous song. It somehow ruins the beginning of the song.

Altering the prebuffering set-up has no effect on this matter.

It seems that the new buffer should empty the old one from memory first...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 09:23:06 am »

This is a little annoyance during playback rather than a big problem. I thought it was going to be solved without asking, but it seems that the problem persists.
I have MC playback set to prebuffering 6sec and Play from memory.
When I initially start playing back a song, it is fine.
However, if I stop playing and start another song, after the new buffering into memory at the beginning of playback one can hear a "spurt" from the previous song. It somehow ruins the beginning of the song.

Altering the prebuffering set-up has no effect on this matter.

It seems that the new buffer should empty the old one from memory first...
In options for playback, there are some output mode options.  One of them (agressive reset?) should fix this.  I believe this is a sound card driver problem.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 09:42:03 am »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up