INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming AACP?  (Read 3788 times)

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
Streaming AACP?
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:32:13 pm »

Hi,

A Radio station I stream daily through MC switched streaming providers today, to Liquid Compass.

I tried to get the new stream to play today by putting the URL into the Open URL field in MC14, but it merely opens my web browser, which then tries to save the file to my PC. It says the format is audio/aacp, which I'm guessing some variety of AAC. However, I can't get it to play in WMP or iTunes. So far, the only way I've been able to listen is through a clunky pop-up flash player on their web site, but that dies every 30 minutes or so and has to be refreshed to reactivate the stream.

So, any known scenario by which I can get this stream to play in MC?

http://c1.mp3.liquidcompass.net/KRLAAMAAC

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming AACP?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 03:38:14 pm »

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:15:42 pm »

Yep. They provide that link to supposedly bypass their pop-up in-browser flash player, but the link doesn't play anything for me in MC or WMP.

I do use an iphone app called ootunes, and after an update today using VLC as server proxy, I can now play it through their software both on my PC and my phone, but getting it into MC would be great, as it's my primary audio app.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:23:52 pm »

Your best bet is to ask either KRLA or liquidcompass to tell you how to play the files in WMP.  Then you can try in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up