INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping and FLAC questions  (Read 1033 times)

over0006

Ripping and FLAC questions
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:06:30 pm »

I just installed MC14 on my RC Windows 7 machine.  I have owned previous versions, and am testing the waters with the newest incarnation.  I am having two issues.

1  When ripping a CD, I receive an error message saying, "The output directory could not be created for one or more files"

2.  After importing my library (all in flac 8 ), I was trying to update a few files, when I get an error stating MC could not update the tags, please ensure no other programs are using the file.

Any suggestions?  Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ripping and FLAC questions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 07:09:57 am »

Please use a subject that describes the problem.  I changed it.

1.  Check your options for File Locations.  Some drive doesn't exist or some folder can't be written.

2.  What build of MC are you using?  There have been some updates to FLAC support in MC.

over0006

Re: Ripping and FLAC questions
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 09:11:35 pm »

Well, I think I have found the problem for both my issues, but I don't know how to fix it.  The folder I am trying to rip to is a "read only."  However, I cannot undo this.  I have changed my permissions and attempted to uncheck the read only box to no avail.  I have tried to change the attributes using the command prompt, but access to that folder is denied.  I am now just a bit confused.  My understanding is this stems from the fact this drive and folder were created with windows xp.  I have been searching for solutions on the windows 7 board, but I have had no luck so far.  Quite frustrating.

Any other ideas are welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up