INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control Joy  (Read 1009 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Remote Control Joy
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:50:47 am »

I am running MC on Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I have been unable to get MC to recognize my usbuirt. I tried downloading the plug in for it and it installs fine. but MC wont detect it.
So after rebooting several time's  and fiddling around with this and that I have started using event ghost to control MC. So far this working fine. My question is this..
is there a list someplace that has all the keyboard short cut's.  I am tediously looking though all the menu's trying to find all the appropriate key sequences. It would cut my chore down considerably if there was a list.
yes I have looked on the wiki and in the user manual. I didn't see anything.

thank you in advance!!

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remote Controll Joy
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:13:34 am »

do you really need to send keyboard shortcuts? or would sending something like:
mc14.exe /mcc 10000,0
also work. this is the command for play\pause.. http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
its by far an easier way.

if not, open the link from above, search for what you want, and open on your computer the resource.xml you find in C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 14\Data\Default Resources (or something like that), to see if there is the command is used and what keystrokes it reacts to. the keyboard commands start about halfway of that file.

now this is complex, but the good news is that it is possible to change or add commands to the keyboard. just dont do it in there. you might want to do a forum search for how to do that, or the wiki. and when you have problems there, just ask....

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up