INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taging&importing tips and tricks needed, and small feature requests  (Read 1153 times)

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock

Looking to improve my work flow when taging and importing music into MC14:

First one is simple? I keep my unimported music in a folder on the network. I would like to pin this folder to the main menu on the left for easy access, but how?

Then when its time to tag and add metadata I would like to just rewrite tags in MC14 to get better consistency before I import, havent found a quick command to do this. How to do this quick and easy? perhaps a toolbar button for this?

And then its time to import into my library. The rename, move & copy files function is really working well, but its annoying that it remembers all the settings and not the main action from last used. I use the Copy feature 95% of the time and I have to select this every time as it defaults to Rename every time! And perhaps a toolbar button, or even better a keyboard shortcut for this function as well?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Taging&importing tips and tricks needed, and small feature requests
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:25:42 pm »

The rename, move & copy files function is really working well, but its annoying that it remembers all the settings and not the main action from last used. I use the Copy feature 95% of the time and I have to select this every time as it defaults to Rename every time!
i agree with this 100%. lost files because of this, when copying several files to a memorie stick, but forgot, apparently to reselect copy one time...

:)
gab

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
Re: Taging&importing tips and tricks needed, and small feature requests
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 04:52:07 pm »

Yeah, I am going to try and set up a workaround that includes duplicating my folder to a new folder (this to workaround the fact that MC14 defaults to rename files in the rename, move & copy files function). import this folder and "hide" it from my ordinary views and creating a new view that displays only this folder.

Will try to report back my findings.

This is however not a very elegant solution, but it should get the job done kind of. I was hoping for a little less hassle than this.

So my feature requests still stands, especially the last two.

Pages: [1]   Go Up