INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC converting my mp3's to data on device?  (Read 1464 times)

finallygreen

• Recent member
MC converting my mp3's to data on device?
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:01:21 pm »

Hello,

OK, so I've been using MC for years now, but only recently have I had the need to use it to move music onto a portable device.  The process seemed straight forward enough, and it felt like I'd done what I was supposed to. However, the mp3's that I'm moving to the portable are being converted to data. The original mp3 file looks something like this:

Joe Blow - Hello.mp3

And by the time it's winding up on the portable, it's looking like this:

Joe Blow - Hello - 604.Joe Blow - Hello

I thought perhaps it was the device doing it, but I tried several different devices (including USB jump drives) and the result was the same each time.

So, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC converting my mp3's to data on device?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 04:15:06 pm »

Did you double check all your settings for conversion?

Are you using MC's internal MP3 encoder?

Did you try updating to the latest?  See the wiki (link above) and search for "Old Versions".

finallygreen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 04:20:42 pm »

well, I approached the conversion issue 2 different ways.....first I set Audio to 'Convert unsupported formats', and then when that didn't work, I went with 'Never Convert'.  But, MC's literally treating the mp3's as data, even going so far as to placing the mp3's in the folder that is designated for data in the options ("/DATA" by default).

I don't really understand why it's doing this....

finallygreen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:56:38 pm »

Figured it out....

The problem seems to have stemmed from the fact that I was doing this from a non-local library.  When I went to the PC in the house that runs MC on the actual files (and serves to the rest of the house), it worked fine.

Still kinda odd that MC couldn't handle that....but at least my daughter's mp3 player is full now :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up