INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art issue  (Read 1236 times)

francisr6

• Recent member
Cover art issue
« on: November 11, 2009, 02:46:15 pm »

Hi.

Using the last stable version suddenly MC does no more display the new cover arts added from file or comming from the internet. During the process, the new cover arts are copied in the cover art folder (C:\Users\first user\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Cover Art) but not displayed (Cover art or thumbnai)l. All previous cover art are well displayed. The cover arts are mainly .jpg
The new cover art is not displayed with standard view or theater view the same.
In fact to be more precise, when i add the cover art from file, sometimes i see it replacing the default image for 1 second then desapears, the same if i get it from the internet.
May be i face a memory issue ?
This looks strange as i have less than 500 CD in the library at the moment.

Thanks for help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art issue
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 02:47:55 pm »

Try rebooting.

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:22 pm »

Hi Jim.

Thanks for your answer, this issue is not something i face from today , it began a week ago and i had many shutdowns in between. I'm trying to see if there is something new in the configuration i use that could lead to such a problem. The memory usage of MC is only 31 272 K, having 4 Go ram this should be far enough.

I will keep this post updated when i will find the cause and solution.

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 04:53:08 pm »

Hi.

At the moment i did not solve the issue that is now a big problem, here are some new informations :
The files (.jpgs) are copied by MC in (C:\Users\first user\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Cover Art) but not displayed.
When i export the library datas to xml it apears that all the previously well working cover arts have their full path as : <Field Name="Image File">C:\Users\premier utilisateur\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Cover Art\imagename.jpg</Field>
For all non working cover arts we have instead : <Field Name="Image File">INTERNAL</Field>

Does somebody knows where this INTERNAL comes from ?

Thanks for help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 05:11:39 pm »

For all non working cover arts we have instead : <Field Name="Image File">INTERNAL</Field>
I think it means that the file is stored in the tag (in the music file).

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 03:07:21 pm »

Hi Jim.

OK so MC refers the files as being in the tags. Now i understand everything, the problem came from a bad french translation of a preference we have in the tools about the cover art.
If i translate the translation it says : Also store the files of the cover arts in the tags. This does not mean Store the files of the cover art in the tags. Now with this check box unchecked it works again.

Thanks a lot for your precious help Jim.

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 06:02:47 am »

In English it says "Also store image in the files tag".
It's a bit strange that this prevents cover art from showing up.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up