INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Series View  (Read 2176 times)

alaskatu

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature Request: Series View
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:29:23 pm »

Hi,

i would really like to see a View like this one for my Serie Library. I have many Serie and Movie library but with the Actual View templates is no Possible to have a good Serie library. Ich have wrote the Plugin MoviesSeriesInfos and have all that information but i can not show them like i would want. Please see at the Image under what i mean.

I don't mean a Theater View, i am interest in a normal MC library View.

It would by amassing if you Guys could implement something like that.

Thanks for all good Work on MC14.

Many Peaple have not undertand what i mean. i mean i will have exact what is in the Image above.

Actual i have it like this: (It is ok, but far alway of the Picture above. There you have all Informations that you may need and in just one View. (one level) Not in three Level like i have now.

1° Level:

2° Level:

3° Level:

By Alaskatu.

galahad1974

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request: Series View
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 02:36:46 pm »

Can you be a little more specific about the aspects of what you posted that you want?
I have mine set up to give me icons for each series, then the ability to drill down into season then episode displaying episode title for each. For the full episode description, I need to be in theater view, but thats really more about how the software is intended to function, and makes sense.
     I'm confident that much of what you want can be easily implemented, even more using theater view, but you'll need to be a little more specific for me to give any real suggestion,or post images of how it might be accomplished, and there are a number of people here much more adept at this than I, but i imagine they are waiting for a little clarification also :)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:28:03 pm »

I'm positive this isn't all you are looking for, but its an example i whipped up in the last few mins based on what I use in library view. if you can be more specific, we can probably get close.
series

Daydream

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 03:51:53 pm »

For the - counting... - 1846753 time, we need independent thumbs (and metadata) per Series, per Season and per Episode. Stacks are echoing all these to some degree but it's a far cry from what it should be. Maybe in MC 23. Maybe by then everybody will understand (if there is any doubt) why we need them.

And when we'll be done with that we'll move forward to fanart. Maybe by MC 29. Alaskatu my friend, welcome to the circus! :)

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 01:27:07 am »

I'm totally into a series view my self, but not in standard view. This is sort of a thing that belongs to Theater View, and I think that most people would want to use it there. To implement something like this in Standard View before having a good way of showing something like this in Theater View is a bad priority imo. There is soon about to be a HTPC in every living room, and most of the people sit in their couch, meters away from their TV or Projector. Standard View with a mouse is mostly a no go here. Theater View is increasingly important, and it's very flexible in the way of customizing views and making different skins.

Look down in this thread, for some good examples of what should be possible in Theater View:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53074.msg361856#msg361856

It's not exactly what you wanted, but it's a middle ground I don't think is to hard to reach.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 04:40:45 am »

would it not make more sence to have the season part of your views use the details view as in the attachment. the last screenshot looks like looking at an album with all the tracks showing their own thumb. and besides that i agree with Mr Haugens comment.

:)
gab

alaskatu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:36:41 am »

Hi Everyone,

thanks for ours comments. Yes, maybe should the Programmers prioritize the Theater View. But it would by nice to have such Standard View also.
Gappie, i do now how do you have make that at the First Level it shows Serie Thumbnails and than at the Second Season Details. Can you explain it a bit more. Or even upload you View. That would by a huge improvement for my actual View.

Thanks very much!
Alaskatu

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:53:35 am »

For the - counting... - 1846753 time, we need independent thumbs (and metadata) per Series, per Season and per Episode.

Exactly. For things like Series and Box set movies, we really need independent "cover" art on different levels. Some metadata for each series, season and episode is also required. How can this be done? Things like summary or plot also needs to be on series, season and episode level I guess. Would it be possible to add some kind of Layer function on a few tags, or do we HAVE to have multiple tags like Series Art, Season Art, Artist Art and "Normal Cover art" for episodes?

When it comes to the art. Would it be possible to just have some sort of logic of what is shown, based on what directory the images is in? Let me take one example:

I have a directory structure like this: \\server\Series\Season\episodes.*

This way MC could pick up the images called cover.jpg (just an example) in the series folder and use that as cover art for Series category, and to use cover.jpg under season for cover art on season browsing. Normal cover art for each Episodes.

Might be more of hazzel than just introducing some standard fields though. Just throwing out a few ideas.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 10:28:20 am »

Gappie, i do now how do you have make that at the First Level it shows Serie Thumbnails and than at the Second Season Details. Can you explain it a bit more. Or even upload you View. That would by a huge improvement for my actual View.
i use some custom fields there, but that does not change the outcome. what you do is edit the view, at the top you take away the episode (and maybe even season) then choose bottom in the upper left corner, set the 'group to' to season and the 'view as' to details. close and go through the view with double clicking or choosing file under the thumbs. you can make it a bit nicer by making a new calculated library fiels with [series] - [season]. and goup by that.

hope that that is a bit clear
 :)
gab

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 10:45:45 am »

this would be great, though i echo the sentiment that it should be implemented in theater view.

alaskatu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 03:10:21 pm »

Thanks Gappie! Now it is clear. It is not 100% what i wanted, but it much better them what i had.
Thanks,
Alaskatu
Pages: [1]   Go Up