INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View font size  (Read 2301 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Theater View font size
« on: November 29, 2009, 10:15:31 am »

Anyone know of any theaterview skins\ or how to change all the theaterview skins,, so that when in big screen mode the mini bar that pops up when you bring your mouse to top of screencan be made CONSIDERABLY LARGER?  it's hard to see scroll bar, and ratings, who's playing the pause ffwd, rwd etc.  being the bar auto hides, i'd like it to be HUGE so i can read the stuff on the bar.. i literally have to get off the couch everytime and walk up to big screen to see the stuff..

TY

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Theater View font size
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 10:17:04 am »

Anyone know of any theaterview skins\ or how to change all the theaterview skins,, so that when in big screen mode the mini bar that pops up when you bring your mouse to top of screencan be made CONSIDERABLY LARGER?  it's hard to see scroll bar, and ratings, who's playing the pause ffwd, rwd etc.  being the bar auto hides, i'd like it to be HUGE so i can read the stuff on the bar.. i literally have to get off the couch everytime and walk up to big screen to see the stuff..
Changing the font in Standard View might help a little.

Try the OSD (On Screen Display) by using the up and down arrows.

HTPC4ME

Re: Theater View font size
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 02:49:03 pm »

Hi jim
I tried the OSD up down arrows but it only shows vol, position, display, and playing now. also tried the text as you suggested but still to small to see from couch... when new tracks come up on bottom corner of screen text looks great and big, but cannot seem to get the drop down on top to enlarge!?

TY

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 03:56:44 pm »

"Big Screen" is actually Display View, not Theatre View. Like Standard View, it's not intended to be operated from the couch... with a mouse. There are appropriate controls, with OSD, for a remote or keyboard.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:34:57 pm »

so you dont watch or listen to music in big screen? i do all the time. and then i move mouse upto top of screen and do my ratings if good song or video plays. but its small and hard to see.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 05:38:23 pm »

Of course I use Display View. But when I'm on the couch, I use a remote. If I wanted change ratings from the couch, I'd program the remote to do so. Using a mouse is going to be hopelessly awkward, even if you can see the controls.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 05:52:49 pm »

ohh ok.. thanks for elaborating... yet to get my htpc... but it's on my to get list.. looking actually at this one... but yet to decide if i should get it. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130345948096&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Daydream

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 06:47:13 pm »

Mmm, no. Too expensive, too big, too many things on it that you don't need, too many things that you need but it doesn't have 'em (bitstream HD audio, btw where's the HDMI connector again besides the title?), I would never pay that kind of money somebody that has only a feedback score of 8, I would never pay anybody for an HTPC but build it myself (read here to document options). And I could keep on going at it but you get the idea.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 06:49:31 pm »

point taken TY.

just not that good with hardware. so leary on building one myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up