INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view on 2nd Display while standard view on Display 1  (Read 2070 times)

gharshaw

• I'm a llama!
Theater view on 2nd Display while standard view on Display 1
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:24:27 am »

Is it possible to run Theater view on display2 (connected to TV) while standard view is running on display1(monitor)?

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater view on 2nd Display while standard view on Display 1
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:03:37 pm »

sounds like a good request
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:24:13 pm »

Interestingly enough, MC11 (or was it 10) allowed this - I liked it :)

kurushi

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:33:00 am »

yep it 'll be a good feature.
+1

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:31:32 am »

Could you explain exactly what you'd use this for?  I've been thinking about it, and I can't come up with a good reason.

Now, having Theater View on one monitor and a full-screen display view on another... THAT I can see needing, and it is already possible (just detach the display and move it where you want it).  But the Standard UI on one screen and Theater View on another doesn't seem to be very useful to me.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

gharshaw

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:43:27 pm »

Theater view doesn't seem easy enough to rip, create playlist, sync handheld etc. I see the standard view more as the "control panel". The idea is more for WAF. She's comfortable with the standard view and I'd like to have the theater view up on the tv even while she is in the standard view. This way she doesn't need to understand all about detaching, moving etc.

raldo

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 03:11:46 pm »

Could you explain exactly what you'd use this for?  I've been thinking about it, and I can't come up with a good reason.

I have a two monitor system, a big screen (46") and a small monitor both connected to the same pc. The small monitor is located by the couch.
o I use theaterview with a remote on the bigscreen.
o I'll use the small monitor to tag and organize.
o To alternate between these modes of use I switch between Theater and standard view.
o Previously, I used detached view, but I changed use because of the improvements in theater view.

-------------
So, I think it would have been nice to to be able to run two instances of MC on the same PC. The first instance in standard view and the second instance in theater view.

The Theater view instance would then be controlled by the standard view instance. The remote control would control the theater view version.

I can see other uses for this, for instance if you have a small display on the PC in addition to the big screen.

You cannot presently , as far as I see, run one instance as server and the other instance as a client.

I guess that's the main thing stopping the above mentioned use case.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 03:18:26 pm »

I have a two monitor system, a big screen (46") and a small monitor both connected to the same pc. The small monitor is located by the couch.

I do too, but I guess...

What is wrong with F11?  It's not like switching between views is that difficult or slow.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

raldo

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 05:08:33 pm »

I do too, but I guess...

What is wrong with F11?  It's not like switching between views is that difficult or slow.

I do too, but I guess...

What is wrong with F11?  It's not like switching between views is that difficult or slow.

I know that. But currently standard view hogs and Theater View are mutually exlusive. so that many cases of use are excluded. Did you try to push f11 while in detached mode, by the way?

If one tries to start a client / server (tremote) on the same machine, a port error is reported. I think this could be solved quite easily. Since the client loads the library from the server, that should be no issue either. My point is that a whole new load of use cases could be solved by this.

kurushi

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 06:16:52 am »

So, I think it would have been nice to to be able to run two instances of MC on the same PC. The first instance in standard view and the second instance in theater view.

In Options===>Général===>Advanced , you can check "Allow multiples instances of Media center.

I need too to have two views, one for display & one for editing i try with the détach function.

The detached view is only for fullscreen view i can't have standard view and theater view together.

With 2 MC14 running both are indépendant so i would like both view working together.

Is it possible?

globetrotters1

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 06:39:22 am »

I'd love such a setup too - if both can be used at the same time... working at the console with the standard view and at the same time choosing some new music to play within theater view... would be cool

The main problem will be the system focus I suppose - correct?
Pages: [1]   Go Up