INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: way to scan music files folder.jpg and rename?  (Read 1469 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
way to scan music files folder.jpg and rename?
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:42:21 pm »

is there away to scan all music folders for folder.jpg and have jriver auto rename them or better yet make copies of them and rename them properly by the artist album name?

TY

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: way to scan music files folder.jpg and rename?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 09:49:06 am »

For adding the folder.jpg images as cover art (if not already linked):
Select the files and run  Tools > Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory

For creating proper filenames:
Select the files and run  Tools > Cover Art > Save Cover Art To External Location Specified In Options
- this doesn't delete the folder.jpg files so you can continue to use them with other applications.

(Before doing the latter check that you have set the cover art location correctly. Use either "In the same folder as the file" or "In a specified folder", but not the "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" setting.

EDIT

For finding the audio files that have cover art linked from folder.jpg image files you can, for instance, add the Image File field to a list view as a new column and search for folder.jpg.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: way to scan music files folder.jpg and rename?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 10:58:29 am »

thanx alex.. think i'll do a backup of drives first to be safe i dont loose or screw it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up