INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to import file from My Music  (Read 996 times)

scboyd99

Unable to import file from My Music
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:16:58 am »

I am sure this has been answered several times but I have been searching for two days and can't find anything that helps me.  I have MC running on a HTPC with about 2000+ .WMA files/songs.  Everything is working great.  I installed a new server on my network and copied over the My Music file to the new PC.  I can play the .WMA files fine in Windows Media Player but not in the newly installed MC.  When I tried Import Folder option it sees the 2000+ files but each one fails to import.  I looked for a log.txt file as suggested on other threads but cannot find one.  I know I could set up the HTPC as a MC Server but would rather not due that.  I have tried the auto import feature too but get the same result.

I have also tried the Clear Library and then tried to import the file with the same result as above.  I have not tried to back up the library on the HTPC and then restore library on the new PC. 

Please help with any suggestions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unable to import file from My Music
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:12 am »

Are the wma files "protected"?

scboyd99

Re: Unable to import file from My Music
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:46:05 pm »

I looked to see if the WMA files are protected.  It does not seem as if they are.  I am able to play them on the second PC.  I copied the My Music file form the HTPC to the My Music file of the new PC.  Backed up the library on the HTPC and restored the library on the new PC.  Everything works perfect now.  All 2000+ files now show up on the new PC.  Maybe a work around and not a true fix but it worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up