INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K-Lite codec settings!  (Read 1988 times)

DopeyJones

• Junior Woodchuck
K-Lite codec settings!
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:41:20 pm »

I'm seriously starting to lose hope in setting this up.
Because of a problem with viewing certain FLV files including thumbnails, I deinstalled all codecs and installed K-Lite Codec Pack 5.51.
This solved a row of problems, but now I'm having trouble with viewing files in Media Center contra WMP.
When I go in to the settings and turn of MP4 splitter (in order to play MP4 files!) suddenly, some of my FLV files become completely impossible to play and their thumbnails disappear.
I go into the start folder, undo the settings I change and reset settings, but it doesn't do any difference at ALL. I have therefore been un- and reinstalling this nightmare of a codec pack on and off again, but it is the same problem over time.
Either I'm unable to play the one type of file, or I'm unable to play the other.
This is making me depressed :(

What settings must I use in order to both play the files and view the thumbnails? And why doesn't K-Lite revert any of the settings when I choose to?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: K-Lite codec settings!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 04:37:18 pm »

K-Lite is definitely more of an "advanced user" Codec set.  I would recommend you remove it and go with CCCP instead.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up