INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: embed cover art  (Read 1838 times)

Mithrandir

• Recent member
embed cover art
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:29:33 pm »

Hi,

For whatever reason I have always stored cover art as "Folder.jpg" in the album folder.  My portable devices like to have the cover art embedded in the file itself.  I have changed my settings to accommodate this.  The problem is I have lots of albums without the cover art embedded.  Is there any way to get MC to embed the cover art after the disc has been ripped?

TIA

M.

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Re: embed cover art
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:03:36 pm »

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 03:26:36 pm »

*bump*

The wiki page cited above does not answer the question, which is whether there is a simple way to have MC embed the cover art into existing files.  I suspect I'm in the same position as the OP, with thousands of mp3's which have the cover art in accompanying folder.jpg files and a new device which requires the cover art to be embedded in the files themselves.  External cover art files also get left behind if I use MC's Rename, Move & Copy to rearrange files on my server or move them to a new server.

The only way I've found to force MC to embed the cover art into existing files is to use the Get Cover Art tool to firstly save my current cover art to the server, then Remove Cover Art, and finally Get Cover Art again to pull it back from the server and embed it into the files.  This is tedious in the extreme, and it would be so much simpler if I could simply right-click and select something like "Cover Art --> Embed in file".  This would seem to be such a basic and simple request that I'm surprised it's not already available - or am I missing something?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »

MC Options has a search window.  If you search for "Cover art", you'll find an option under File Location/Cover Art called "Also store image in the file tags".  Check it.

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 03:54:23 pm »

Thanks, Jim, but I've already found and enabled that option.  The problem is that it only takes effect when cover art is retrieved or saved, and my question is how to force MC to apply it retrospectively to existing files that were created before it was set.

There's already a right-click option to "Save cover art to external location specified in options"; can't we please have the inverse - "Save cover art to embedded tag" - as well?

Nilsi

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:04:08 pm »

There's already a right-click option to "Save cover art to external location specified in options"; can't we please have the inverse - "Save cover art to embedded tag" - as well?

Yes, please  :D

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:27:47 pm »

I think if you do a Update Tages (from Library) command it will embed the art in the selected files...

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 02:17:25 am »

I think if you do a Update Tages (from Library) command it will embed the art in the selected files...
You, sir, are a genius.  Thanks!

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:25:27 pm »

I've been mistaken for many things, but never a Genius.

THANK YOU sir. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up