INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Video Play Need  (Read 848 times)

arturoherva

Random Video Play Need
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:37:09 pm »

Hello All,

I wonder if this device may help me.

I want to have different videos on different areas on my restaurant, so I bought 3 flat screens, and I have my collection of videos, form clients, music videos, dishes suggestions, etc, but I want to see if I can have them all playing NOT in the same order.

My Idea is to buy 3 Media Center Remote, and attach  a USB Hard driver a USB drive and look if this can play the videos randomly, on every different device of course. Every Day may not be the same ones to start, or keep the order,

Is it Possible? Is this the right product? or should I buy 3 computers and 3 Media center and look for some random player, which supports some new videos on HD up to 1081p?

Thanks for your advise

B. Regards

Arturo

Sorry for the double post, I didnīt noticed that this is the right forum.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Random Video Play Need
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:33 am »

I suggest you experiment a little bit.  Try two screens first.

MC can play to multiple zones at the same time.  It is set up under the Zone Manager.  Go to Player/Playback Options/Zone Manager.

Playing "not in the same order" is just "shuffled".  It's a playback option.

A remote will control the current zone.  You could program a remote to switch zones.

If you proceed and you need help on any topic, please read the forum first, then post a new topic if you can't find what you want.  If the subject is specific and describes the problem, you increase the chance of getting good answers.

Good luck.

Pages: [1]   Go Up