INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View/Youtube: Search Opitimization suggestion  (Read 1139 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Theater View/Youtube: Search Opitimization suggestion
« on: January 04, 2010, 03:11:44 am »

I like the new integration of YouTube in Theater View, it really easy to use. However, I noted two things while using the search, that annoyd me:

Problem 1:
After executing a search, I have several times started to navigate my pressing left arrow. My subconcious mind apparantly likes to do that to easily spot where the marker currently is. But in this dialog, the marker defaults back to the search box. This means that I navigate away from the search, and need to do it again.
Solution proposal:
a: Default marker to first search item
b: Do not clear search upon exit
Comment:
It's no biggy, but a small annoyment that often happens. May be my expectation of GUI that is a bit messed up, but since comming from a search dialog, I expect to be at item 1 from search.

Problem 2:
After watching a video from search, the dialog reappears.
Solution proposal:
a: should return to search result, with the current viewed item marked.

Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View/Youtube: Search Opitimization suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 04:02:20 pm »

Both excellent proposals to problems that seriously cripple this otherwise great feature. There's been numerous posts on the topic since YouTube was introduced into Theater View and I can't believe it's still this way!

Problem 3:

One other major flaw is that videos are not buffered when hitting PAUSE like in a normal browser. This is a deal breaker for those of us on slower Internet speeds. The videos play back choppy and are unwatchable in many cases.

PLEASE..... solve these issues and you have youselves a very competitive YouTube watching solution for the big screen. 
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View/Youtube: Search Opitimization suggestion
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:40 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.

We hope to improve this area in the coming months.

My request is for the loading of web media views to be better threaded, because it's too slow flipping through the roller now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up