INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Android App?  (Read 2533 times)

shelburt

• Recent member
  • Wot's...Uh, the Deal?
Feature Request: Android App?
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:09 am »

Hi Guys,

Don't know if this has been asked before - but wondered if there was an any chance of a portable version of JRiver MC for the Google Android OS?

Not only would it be great to have a version of MC on my Droid, but it may also increase your reach, and encourage new users. You could have a paid and free version too, so an opportunity to make money there.

Here's hoping!

Shelburt
--
"From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes" - Aldous Huxley

carbo

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request: Android App?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 10:29:44 am »

+1

I would love to use my phone as a full remote with MC.

Also a music player which can sync ratings, last played... would be fantastic

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:07:43 pm »

wow, what a great idea, if such app exist I definetly pay for it ! Native Integration with MC  8)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 05:57:08 am »

There's an Android app for controlling iTunes:  http://dacp.jsharkey.org/

Maybe we'll see one someday soon for MC.

As for a version of MC that runs on Android...  I wouldn't hold your breath!  A Linux version might be a step in that direction...  and there's no movement there, either.

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:56:17 pm »

Man I've been thinking the same thing ever since I got my Motorola Cliq. I would love a MC Android App.  I'd like it to support all the basic's to be able to playback audio, video, & Photos in my library.  That would truely be a dream come true. 

I did find a uPnP App in the Andriod store that could see MC as a uPnP server but it was extremely flakey.  I could see music but it was hard to actually play them.  The app just wasn't well written.  you could search the Android Market for uPnP and you would find it. Can't think up the name of it right now. 

I hope the Moderator of this forum see's this post and can comment on future plans for Android App development.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:08:53 pm »

I did find a uPnP App in the Andriod store that could see MC as a uPnP server but it was extremely flakey. 
Try again with the latest build from the top of the MC14 board.  We're steadily finding and fixing problems.

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 11:04:10 pm »

There should be an app that lets me sync my android phone to my computer over the wifi, and thats really it. i would like to have my recorded tv shows and movies be able to convert and transfer over to my phone while im sleeping and my phone is charging at night. all the app should have is one button, "Sync With MC". Thats it...well, for now.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 11:23:48 pm »

I'm a little confused.  I d-loaded and installed the app.  Is it suppose to control MC running on a computer?
Thanks

JasonJoel

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 05:20:53 pm »

AMEN. I would pay good money for that feature.

Jason

There should be an app that lets me sync my android phone to my computer over the wifi, and thats really it. i would like to have my recorded tv shows and movies be able to convert and transfer over to my phone while im sleeping and my phone is charging at night. all the app should have is one button, "Sync With MC". Thats it...well, for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up