INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expressions  (Read 1870 times)

zuiko

• Recent member
Expressions
« on: January 16, 2010, 11:46:47 pm »

Is there any way to use expressions to show artists by the number of songs I have for that artist (I'm thinking as a category in panes view)? Or to add a category for 1, 4-5, 6-50, etc?

I'm also wondering if there is any way (using expressions or something else) that I can check for dupes by song name (so I can resolve them manually). I could pull up a list of all songs and sort by song name but how would I filter out the ones that don't have dupes?

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Expressions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 02:52:03 am »

For the first one you can try this - when you add or edit a 'category' in panes view (just right click the header in any existing pane, for example) select Artist as the 'Field' and change 'Sorting' to "Number of Files". That should do what you want - no expressions required! :)

As for duplicates - create a smartlist, and add any relevant filters (eg you might want to limit  [Media Type] to audio), and then under 'Modify Results' select 'Only duplicates of' and select [Name]

zuiko

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 03:53:16 am »

That does lets me sort by number of tracks, but it doesn't tell me how many there are. I would like it to say [Artist] ([Number of Songs]) in the category listing. Maybe I can use an expression for that but the stuff I have tried so far does not work ([Number of Tracks], Count(), etc).

The smartlist for finding duplicates works great. Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 04:01:52 am »

You might find this thread useful for counting tracks by artist. It's not something we can do with smartlists/expressions, but it is possible to get MC to display the info.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40420.msg275540#msg275540

-marko.

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 07:11:38 pm »

I have a smartlist set up to sort through my dupes including Artist, Name, Duration, but sometimes the Duration field is just a couple seconds off.  Is there an expression I can use to match dupes with a couple seconds off on the Durations of matches?

TIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up