INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assorted - cant get it fixed  (Read 1353 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Assorted - cant get it fixed
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:21:10 am »

I found a helpful post, be it a bit older on the topic.

[Album Artist (auto)] can be succesfully used in a renaming rule only if all album tracks already have an identical, single value in this field.

If the album files are spread over several folders it is possible to type a value in the [Album Artist] field. The [Album Artist (auto)] field will automatically show this value and can be used for congregating the album files in a single folder.

MC will automatically fill the (multiple artists) value in the [Album Artist (auto)] field and show a "various artists" album as complete when the following conditions are met:

- all album files are in a single folder (that preferably does not contain other audio files)
- the track numbers are consecutive, starting from 1
- the tracks have only one Album value
- if the album consists of several discs the disc number field should be filled correctly (don't include the disc number in the album name if you want to use the built-in album logic). Alternatively all album tracks can be renumbered so that the disc numbers don't exist in the library data.

The separate [Album Artist] field can be used for overriding the automatic value when preferrred. In other words, it is always possible to use a meaningful album artist name instead of the default, "multiple artists" value. Only one manually filled Album Artist value can be used with a single album without breaking the built-in album logic.

The problem is that when I, from the panes select Compilation and the album, all tracks are listed separately next to their own cover art (all the same I might add).

My album fulfills all these requirements quoted above and as far as I can tell all the tags are good.

I appreciate any help. I'm sure it's something simple that makes me go "doh" when we fix it  ;D

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Assorted - cant get it fixed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:23:18 am »

Anyone please?

Baron Samedi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:59:03 am »

Have you checked if your pane uses the field [Album Artist (auto)] and not [Album Artist] or [Artist] ?

Else look at the automatic field [Complete Album]. [Album Artist (auto)] can be computed only if it's equal to 1. If the value is 0, verify again the conditions listed by Alex B.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 05:15:40 am »

Thanks, but for some mysterious reason it is showing correct now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up