INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Location  (Read 1338 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Cover Art Location
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:05:14 pm »

Is this the best way?

Have all cover art images in format 'artist-album.jpg' within specified folder shown in Options ( C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Cover Art\  ).         'Store Image In The Tag' is also ticked as an Option.

Seems that when the cover art file and the mp3 folder file are in sync name wise, eg, both 'artist-album' then the cover art will be automatically found and moved 'inside file' as indicated in the library tree column.

If the names are not in sync exactly, eg, 'artist-album' and 'artist-albumcd1'   then it wont be matched automatically but the covert art needs to be manually located and matched with the music file.

Is that how it is meant to work.?

Sorry if this is a basic question but am trying to get a better understanding of what I should be doing apart from the basics which I've been doing for about the last 7 versions or so.

Peter

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Cover Art Location
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:29:06 pm »

It doesn't automatically change the existing filename in the cover art location when the Album Artist (Auto) and/or Album field changes. If you want to create a newly named copy of the external image file you can use the "Save Cover Art To External Location Specified In Options" tool.

Regarding your example album name, albumcd1, I'd recommend saving the album name without any additions and using the disc number field. When you use the disc number field you can also store all album files in a single folder.

Here is an example of how you can use the disc numbers in a rule when you rename and move files: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46887.msg321593#msg321593
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 03:28:42 pm »

Thanks Alex B,  I was'nt aware of that Disc # stuff.

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:04:36 am »

How can I delete all image files from inside the mp3 files?  Embedded images appear to inflate the file size, making it more difficult to screen duplicates by filesize.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

If you have shut off the option to store cover art in tags, I think you can select all files, right click and select "Update Tags From Library".
Pages: [1]   Go Up